PDA

View Full Version : sa 200 trade for big 40

mguns
03-29-2012, 08:06 AM
what is everyones thought on this was thinking i might be better off with ac power for running tools and its diesel with a deutz motor i know the welder it came from a mine that i used to work at it is a late 70s early 80s modesl thanks.

mguns
03-29-2012, 11:48 AM
nobody think good idea?

duaneb55
03-29-2012, 12:42 PM
The question is, do YOU think it's a good idea based on your needs.

The Big 40 has 1-1/2 times the weld output capacity and being a 3-phase rectified DC machine would provide good arc characteristics similar to the pure DC of the SA-200.

I would guess fuel consumption of the two machines at comparable outputs would be close. Diesel-vs.-gas.

The Big 40 is going to weigh in a bit heavier than the SA-200. Is that going to be an issue?

Is the 115VDC only auxiliary power of the SA-200 inadequate for your auxiliary power needs?

Although still relatively simple in design, the Big 40 is a little more complex machine than the SA-200. Are you comfortable with that?

So again, do YOU think it's a good idea for YOU?

mguns
03-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks Duane I have a ln-25 that i want to run and the miller seems to run it a little better I have used a miller just like it welding in the coal mine on equipment gonna start up a small weekend welding business so weight wont be a problem the miller just air arcs better is my main reason thanks again