PDA

View Full Version : New guy from CT/PA

Supe
04-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey folks, been lurking on these forums for years, and only posted a handful of times before.

My name is Bryan, and I'm an engineering student at the Pennsylvania College of Technology, with a year to go in finishing out my BWE. I originally started out at The Ohio State University in their honors engineering program, but the lack of hands on experience drove me in a different direction. Although I go to school in Williamsport, my hometown is a bit further east down in Stratford, CT.

I've dabbled in just about everything from programming Fanuc and GE robots, nondestructive testing, subarc systems, flux core, MIG, TIG, OFW, but my emphasis has always been on TIG. AWS cert'd in TIG/stick pipe, but most of my welding/metallurgical emphasis is on thin walled chrome moly, as I'm an avid drag racer, pursuing a career in chassis fabrication.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm a total welding geek, and look forward to picking up tips and tricks from the old timers, while offering my $.02 whenever I can be of help (or at least pretend to know what I'm talking about ;) )

zapster
04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the shop!..:drinkup:

...zap!

Supe
04-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the shop!..:drinkup:

...zap!

Thanks. I must say, you're one of the few I admire around here. Like yourself, I take great pride in my work, and go out of my way to make everything perfect, from fitup to finish. If it's not perfect to me, it's not good enough for me to put out the door with my name on it!

zapster
04-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks. I must say, you're one of the few I admire around here. Like yourself, I take great pride in my work, and go out of my way to make everything perfect, from fitup to finish. If it's not perfect to me, it's not good enough for me to put out the door with my name on it!

Why thank you! :cool2:

...zap!

ThunderRobo
04-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Hello and welcome!