PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sunny South Africa!!!

KangaWolf
07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey guys I am a total noob, got interested in welding a few weeks ago, messed around with a mates stck welder and well I am hooked.

Lurked on a few welding forums and this one, I must say is the best.

I am currently thinking of buying a Thermadyne (made in SA by Panasonic) 160 dc inverter arc welder, will this be sufficient for diy jobs at home, the odd gate, burglar bars (heaven knows we need them here) and of course the obligatary Texas BBq pit. I was in San Antanio some time back and had a few awesome meals at a place called Rudys "worst BBq in the world" they claim, well I can tell you its brilliant.

Anything I should be looking at in a welder?

zapster
07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome And Good Afternoon From The States..:waving:

Rudys saying is...
"I did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat vegtables" :laugh:

I have a couple of their shirts...

...zap!

KangaWolf
07-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Rudys saying is...
"I did not climb to the top of the food chain to eat vegtables" :laugh:

I have a couple of their shirts...

...zap!

I cannot Agree more.

We have Braais (BBQ equivalent, but all open fire no enclosed smoking pits except for Kettle BBq's like the Weber), but no Texas style pits, so that one of the projects I would like to tackle.

silky
07-23-2007, 01:07 PM
welcome! old fashioned texas bbq pits are awesome. thats one project i have in mind as well.

KangaWolf
07-23-2007, 04:49 PM
yeah BBq, my list is welding cart, welding table then BBQ ambitous but hey how else will I learn down here:lol:

slagmagnet
07-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi,

Never used the forum before but read it often. How about a little help navigating this rascal so I post in the right spot.

I'll introduce when I know it's getting there!

Ciao

I'm not quite sure whether to use the advanced link or otherwise.

Thankx