PDA

View Full Version : hey y'all,nice to meet you.

all10fingers
08-24-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm very new to welding.In fact,this is my second week of learning to weld,and I'm very excited.So far,I've only burnt 2 of my finger tips,and grazed my arm with a torch.I'm enrolled in the local votech,and except for getting used to standing all day on concrete again,I'm having a blast. So far,all I've done is practice on 16 and 10 guage over and over again,and getting a little frustrated at not being able to put down a consistant bead:realmad:, I'm happy with my progress. I'll probably ask a whole lot of questions in the near future,but for the rest of this week,I think I'm going to just do a whole lot of looking around.

duaneb55
08-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey back at ya 'fingers.:waving: Welcome aboard.

Practice is what it's all about and although the basics need to be what they are, trying little different things to see what happens helps in the learning process. Hopefully you have a good and knowledgeable instructor that can guide you along.

And don't be afraid to post photos your work for the pros here to give pointers on.

specter
08-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Ya all10fingers and Welcome to the Welding Web Family. Well your getting there with the classes and alot of practice