PDA

View Full Version : Syncrowave 180 with a spool gun possible???

lowlypawn
12-17-2005, 01:56 AM
I have a syncrowave 180 I am very pleased with but I was just curious if it was even possible to use a spool gun with it. It seems like that would be the best of both worlds if possible. Now that I’m getting use to tig I can see how a MIG would be much faster in different situations especially at tacking up projects.

I asked a guy at work who was a welders and he wasn't sure so I figured I would ask here. So dose someone make a spool gun that works with a syncrowave 180? Is their some fundamental difference between tig and mig that makes this impossible?

More details the better and thx in advanced.

chopper5
12-17-2005, 07:26 AM
im going to say no it wont work mig and tig/stick have diferent power one
is CC and the other CV ,im shure one of the other's will explane better i have not yet had any coffiee
chuck

smithboy
12-17-2005, 03:24 PM
You could run a cc/cv feeder that has spool gun attachment. I use/have used a miller dialarc with a hobart hefty (no gun), but there are some suitcases that have a straight hookup for a gun. Some limitations apply...I think it doesnt give good results for some applications, but.....

So,...short answer, you can...but, it's not the best route for some applications and it might cost a bit more than starting with a CV machine...

halbritt
12-17-2005, 10:12 PM
I doubt that a voltage sensing feeder setup for CC would work correctly with a spoolgun, though I could be mistaken.

smithboy
12-17-2005, 11:59 PM
I just looked on the readywelder website. They have a readywelder spoolgun that will hook to a cc welder. About $400 on ebay. That'd be probably the least expensive route. I have used these things before on batteries and they work pretty good...better than I expected, in fact. But they are not as high quality as some of the regular spool guns I have seen.