PDA

View Full Version : Another new Texan

texaswilkins
01-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Howdy folks,

I am the latest new guy from Texas. I am freshly retired from the USAF and I have a passion for rebuilding Corvettes. I've been lurking here for awhile now so I already know many of you. Mostly I just wanted to re-learn how to weld so I bought an older Century 220 volt mig machine. Once I finally got it running last week I spent several hours turning wire into burn marks. I don't really see me doing much beyond exhaust pipes and horseshoe projects for the wife but you just never know.

Bill

TxRedneck
01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome Bill, its always good to have a Veteran on board, and even better when hes a Texan. My brother in law and his brother are both active USAF. My BIL is a SRA soon be be Staff and hes in Germany with my sis. Spanghaleim? Something like that. His brother a SRA I think too is leaving for Iraq in a couple days. Im sworried about him but I know that its just one of them things. Anyway, its good to have you .. Welcome:waving:

TPnTX
01-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey Tex! (and everybody turns around)

Any native Texans out there ? Born at Baylor 1962

smithboy
01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I read this once, not that long ago, and I checked the math just to be sure and it's true or maybe "accurate" is the right term.

If you took every person on the planet, every one of us humans, and sorted us into families of 4, every family of 4 could live in Texas on a quarter acre lot each. I'm not sure what to draw from that. Maybe that the earth aint that overcrowded or maybe that Texas is just that big...

After being on this board for a while, I'm starting to think that maybe it means that everyone in the world is actually FROM texas.:D

TxRedneck
01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
st paul 1979

texaswilkins
01-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm a native Texan born in Sherman and I lived all over North Central Texas.

TxRedneck,
I've been to Spandalhem Air Base in Germany and it's a pretty decent place to live. That place in Iraq is the reason I retired. If you ever need Air Force translated to English let me know. I was a First Sergeant when I retired. Tell your BIL's Brother to keep his head down.

Smithboy,
That was certainly true when I left Texas 20 years ago but I think they are all moving to Texas now to try it so you better hurry.

I always thought there were two kinds of people in the world. Texans and those that want to be. Usually the ones that start screaming about now are the ones that really didn't want to admit it so I'll understand your reactions.:waving:

Bill

TxRedneck
01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Yeah, My sis moved there back in the summer. So far they like it. Their daughter was born there back in Nov. Seems to be a nice place to live. A little cold but thats ok. Anyway again its good to hve you here. Glad to also say youve survived this war thing going on. I got lucky with it too. :D Take care

orphan68
01-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Born and raised El Paso, 1968.:)

Pentawelder
01-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey,looks like it's the Texas Welding Web.
But then again if they made Alaska int two states then Texas would be #3
Just kidding I'm not a troll, seasoned or otherwise!

TxRedneck
01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey,looks like it's the Texas Welding Web.
But then again if they made Alaska int two states then Texas would be #3
Just kidding I'm not a troll, seasoned or otherwise!
LIAR, youre a seasoned troll :D
J/k we all know Calif is just jealous cause were bigger and beat USC hehe :D

All the same, its alright though in the end. Give us a common enemy well even welcome the yankees to our side ;):laugh:

atrain185
01-06-2006, 11:22 PM
they must have something in their water in texas.. EVERYONE THERE ARE WELDERS!!

TxRedneck
01-07-2006, 12:10 AM
yeah its black! yuou know black gold, texas Tea :D

texaswilkins
01-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Not all of us are welders. I just burn metal until it stays together.

Bill

orphan68
01-07-2006, 05:50 PM
I just like to burn things!:)

atrain185
01-07-2006, 07:26 PM
lol i guess you guys have a good since of humor too.

TxRedneck
01-07-2006, 07:41 PM
well of course if we dint what would we do when everyone gets alittle too rowdy :D