PDA

View Full Version : sill, 1st free hand critter <g>

ttm
05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
ok I have been playing with my Plasma cutter, a powermax 600,

My Daughter saw it and figured I needed to make her something, I'm game, she wants a pair of butterfly book ends.
Hmmmmmm, ok I bought this for cutting up thin metals, and small parts I may need to weld on to other projects, so what the heck right......

so here is a butterfly I have not cleaned anything up yet, WOW do I need to have a stable hand for this! , the antennas came out real crappy, (in fact most of it did), but I figgured I would still post my first "bug" , I found the torch can stick to the metal, (must have moved to slowly?)

I think there will be more in the future for some reason..... (my wife just mentioned “I” could put rods on them and she could put them in her yard <g>)

It is cut from 1/8 steel

jman
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Cool !
Cut off the antennae and weld some silicon bronze to the head. Ball up the ends of the silicon rod when finished and they'll look great. Also, if you want to do more stuff like that, you can buy these cheap little wood cut-outs at craft stores and use it as a template! They work great... Ever since I got my PM35, I've been collecting a HUGE amount of odd things to use as templates for stuff like that.... Sometimes though, a creative 'unsteady hand' can give your cut-out that 'Natural' look. :)

Cheers,

/J...

kenklingerman
05-02-2010, 09:09 PM
cool, kinda fun isn't it? I like the antenna's myself.

ttm
05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
yup, it is fun, thinner metal and I can probably do a better job, I just happened to have some of the 1/8 left over from the cart I made I still need to get the fine cut tips for it like I was told baout here