PDA

View Full Version : Fair Deal or What !!!

Rick V
05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I just acquired a 4-month old 115 VAC inverter TIG welder and oodles of accessories for $200! Having $150 left over from my post "Fair Deal or Not?", here what just dropped into my lap!

That's right $200 for all that. There is $88 worth of new Lincoln accessories: helmet, oxy/acet googles, gloves, soap stone and wire brushe - never used! The welder is 'Mastercraft' from Canadian Tire.
Input is 115 VAC at 20 amps (nema 5-20 plug). Output is 20 - 80 amps stick, 20 - 100 amps tig,. Here's a close up view of the welder itself.

Justice! :drinkup:
In "Fair Deal or Not?", I lost out on a $300 deal for 150 amp DC stick welder but managed to pick up another one for $150.
At the time, two of you nice folks commented...

I hope it works out for you though. Sometimes things happen for a reason, it just takes awhile for us to figure that out... jamlit

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason... You got more than you wanted for less money... mudbugone

YeeHaw! Well jamlit and mudbugone - THERE IS THE REASON!
Ask me if I feel good? :laugh:

Strange thing, again I was the second prospective buyer, the second to look at it - but the guy who had cash in hand!

Rick V:waving:

mudbugone
05-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Good Deal--- Don't you love it when the sun shines on you and everything works out.

If you're like me and you'd have gotten the first deal you would't have had the cash flow to take the second deal...:laugh:

You'll always appreciate both machines from now on..:cool2:

Rick V
05-03-2010, 10:38 PM
If you're like me and you'd have gotten the first deal you would't have had the cash flow to take the second deal...:laugh:
Well, the left over $150 was still sitting here so it didn't take too much convincing of the wife to spring another $50. :laugh:

The seller had the original Master Card printout showing he bought it; so it's a legit deal.
I got an official receipt and all, so all is cool.
It's a change of life thing for the seller.
He's leaving his 4 year old work as the maintence man looking after a high-rise apartment building. He's starts his new job next week as a 'translator' - English/French. He is selling off all his personal tools: saws, drills, presses, routers/tables, etc. His wife even came down to the basement shop to say, "Hi".:blush:
Yep, the sun was certainly shining on me.

Rick V:waving: