PDA

View Full Version : any body owne vantage 300 or 400

jb weld/ar
03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
looking to purchase 400 is there any pros or cons?

Divecatt
03-07-2006, 12:09 AM
just bought a Vantage 400, I will get back to you on what I think in a couple of days, using it for pipe

jb weld/ar
03-07-2006, 07:18 PM
looking forward to your thoughts

Divecatt
03-12-2006, 12:51 PM
well, I have put a few hours on Vantage 400, put it through its paces, small rod to 1/4", no problems at all, and wow, what a stable arc, leaves a beautiful bead, every time ( maybe be due to operator for excellent weld bead), there were rumors going around set out by Miller owners that this machine would bog down and not burn the bigger rods, well I put that pathetic rumor to bed, infront a few Miller machine owners, I am happy so far with it. If there is a problem I will be the first to admit there is one, but have not found it yet ! In CC stick the 400 pumps out over 508 amps, have not got close that for what i have done so far but leaves me with a very large comfort zone.

rvannatta
04-01-2006, 09:53 PM
well, I have put a few hours on Vantage 400, put it through its paces, small rod to 1/4", no problems at all, and wow, what a stable arc, leaves a beautiful bead, every time ( maybe be due to operator for excellent weld bead), there were rumors going around set out by Miller owners that this machine would bog down and not burn the bigger rods, well I put that pathetic rumor to bed, infront a few Miller machine owners, I am happy so far with it. If there is a problem I will be the first to admit there is one, but have not found it yet ! In CC stick the 400 pumps out over 508 amps, have not got close that for what i have done so far but leaves me with a very large comfort zone.

Well we bot a Vantage 400 in very late December. IT has worked flawlessly.
We got it to replace a tiring Miller big 40 and though we have never owneda lincoln before, I can think of no complaint.

Miller needs to be embarassed that they have nothing in their bag of tricks that will match it feature for feature:blob3:

TxRedneck
04-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Ive heard the biggest complaint of lincoln is service. Personally Ive never had a problem. The lincolns Ive used were a tombstone and an sa 200. Neither were ever sent in for service of any type. So from that I cant comment. But I do know lincoln makes a fine machine. I like miller too. But I guess its like choosing lincoln over cadilac

rvannatta
04-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Ive heard the biggest complaint of lincoln is service. Personally Ive never had a problem. The lincolns Ive used were a tombstone and an sa 200. Neither were ever sent in for service of any type. So from that I cant comment. But I do know lincoln makes a fine machine. I like miller too. But I guess its like choosing lincoln over cadilac

We have had Millers around for years and have had good luck with them and some (good) service as well.

We bought a Lincoln because we wanted to drive a big plasma cutter off of it,
and the Vantage 400 offered 19kw 3 phase generator, and miller had no competitive product.

Having owned a Big 40, it would have been a natural for us to buy a new Big 40 which is Millers premium product. --- however with all the bells and whistles the price was well above the lincoln and it still came up short on AC power. to be sure we could have purchased a miller 500 deluxe, but that price was not competitive.

I have a full review of the vantage 400 at www.vannattabros.com/iron51.html

valkryie
02-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I have heard from my Lincoln dealer 2 vantage 300d"s were returned neither machines could burn 1/4" 7018,why does Lincoln advertise it to put out 300amps?I see now also the 2007 models offer the Deutz diesel,24h.p.,compared to last years Kubota 22h.p.,did they see something?