PDA

View Full Version : Welding schools

chrisduecy
11-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Im wanting to get into the welding industry and been looking at two different schools. Missouri welding institute or Tulsa welding school opinions on both are appreciated. Also if you have any suggestions on setting up a rig itd be appreciated im gonna push for pipeline work but will eventually wanna start my own company so any help is appreciated thanks

ChaseBaker
11-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Im wanting to get into the welding industry and been looking at two different schools. Missouri welding institute or Tulsa welding school opinions on both are appreciated. Also if you have any suggestions on setting up a rig itd be appreciated im gonna push for pipeline work but will eventually wanna start my own company so any help is appreciated thanks

I have been looking at both of the schools. I had pretty much decided on Tulsa till i went to the National FFA Convention. Stopped by the Tulsa booth and a couple of the reps were pricks. So i went down to the next booth and it was MWI. Todd and Justin were awesome to talk to. Im thinking about staying at my Community College and get my Associate's degree then moving on to MWI or Tulsa for more advanced training. Im gonna participate in both Tulsa and MWI's high school competitions, so I can get a good tour of each.

Hope this helps a little.

btw, im wearing a MWI shirt right now

chrisduecy
11-09-2010, 10:51 PM
helps some im actually in the middle of deploying to iraq for the next year so i have time and also what do u experienced welders prefer as far as trucks like single wheel or dually one tons asking because i will be setting up a rig when i get out of school but buyin my new truck in april