PDA

View Full Version : Help...vlaue????

boredinbfe
12-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I have a Miller Thunderbolt welder that I neede to sell. I am not a welder so it's kinda hard to find info for value. I would like to keep it but I need to pay for a funeral. So any help....especially quick stuff would be greatly appreciated! Here is what I have...
Thunderbold CC AC/DC ARCWELDING Power Source. Serial # KD496775.....Stock # 902775. The top unit is a Century Universal High Freq Stabilizer. It has a TIG torch with it. Also have a Oxy torch/Tanks, several torches and a full tank of argon. Not sure of the value of that stuff either. LIke I said I have no idea what its all worth so any kind of price range help would be great!
Thanks again!~

DSW
12-05-2010, 04:36 PM
You probably ought to add your location / contact info to this post. You'd probably find several guys here who would love to have that machine.

The machine itself is probably worth $200-300, The hf box and tig leads will push that up some. Keep in mind you can buy machines like a Miller 330 AB/P used, with cooler and tig gear for $500-800. That's a LOT more machine than what you have, thats designed to do AC tig. I think at $450 you'd be topped out and waiting for the right buyer to come along. If you need to move it, at $350 it would go fairly fast.

Torch and cylinders would depend on how big and what brand. Mid sized oxy rigs with cylinders will sell at $200-300 depending on size and torch/regs that come with it. Tiny rigs like you see at Depot will bring $100 or so.

The argon cyl would add about $75-100 to the Thunderbolt if sold as a set depending on size. Probably the best way to sell it since the buyer will need one anyways if they want to do tig. NOT having a cyl included makes that rig a bit harder to sell, as the buyer will have to add the higher cost of a new cyl to the machine price. If there is more tahn one argon cyl, then it would depend on the size. Bigger cylinders are often harder to swap out so often bring about what mid sized cylinders will used. Anywhere from $75- 150 depending on the size and if it's in hydro and/or full.

boredinbfe
12-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks a bunch! I'll edit my contact info. The argon tank is full and I would guess it's 6" by 4'. Acetylene tank is shorter but a little bigger around and it's empty. Oxy is full and the same size as the argon.

boredinbfe
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
It's a 220V welder...forgot to mention and I have a boat load of welding rod as well. Couldn't edit the original post, or couldn't find how anyway. I can be reached through this site

DSW
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
The acetylene is a 75 from the pict and new usually runs $110 full where I live. The matching O2 the usually gets paired with one is a 100cf. My sales flyer doesn't list those, but the smaller 80cf full runs $170. The torch regs look pretty old, so I'd question the condition from picts. Can't see the torch, but most are combo torches so usually don't add much to the extra to the basic set value. $200-250 for the torch cart and cylinders is probably fair.

Edit: looking back at the 1st pict I can sort of see the torch. Definately a combo torch with cutting head and definately an older one. I know I've seen several like it posted before, and I'm thinking they might be old Airco's, at least from the O2 reg I can see that looks like one of mine. If it is an Airco, they are obsolete and once they die getting parts may be quite tough. Pretty much what I expected. A few extra heating tips wouldn't hurt if you find them laying around.

Rods shown probably should just go with the Miller. You might get $25 for all of them without looking close at each one. Sold by themselves seperate from the machine, they don't have a huge value if you can't identify them, their current condition and qualtity. Same would probably go with the hood I saw in one pict. You might be able to break the hood and a couple of those strikers hanging on the torch rack out and sell them for $10-15 as a unit, but be sure to leave one or two with the torch and cart.

The argon is about what I'd have expected. Probably 80-100cf so full at $100 is fair. I'd still try and pair it with the Miller and suggest $450-475 for the whole lot. I think at that price the set up will move readily. Top money, pushing $600 and wait for the right person who wants it. You can always break out the cylinder if the buyer balks to cut the cost by $75-100 and sell it for that number seperate.

boredinbfe
12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks again~ Think it's going on Craigslist tonight~ Also found a MAC Tools MW100 Mig welder that has to go. I checked their website and looks like a comperable one was 699 new. That seems crazy to me but then again anything that says MAC Tools is outrageous! Thanks again~

jreynoldswelding
12-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I would agree 100% with DSW. I also know for a fact that stuff will sell QUICK on Craigslist! Good luck and sorry for your loss.

welderShane
12-07-2010, 03:21 PM
+1 with dsw also