PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Angelfire

IceKid
03-12-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm having a bit of trouble getting some Angelfire gear.....5 yes FIVE weeks ago I ordered some gloves and a jacket and paid an extra $30 for 2 day shipping. A week later I received an email saying it was going to be 2 weeks before it was even going to ship from their warehouse as they had to order it from a different warehouse and wait for it to get there. Two weeks later I still had not heard a thing so I emailed and inquired again and was told they had "no idea" when they would get it. A week after that I asked again and was told it was "maybe" going to ship on the 24th.

Now here's the deal..I'm a girl...and I'm pretty small, so even the men's small gloves leave me with at least 2" of empty space on each finger and I can't properly grip the welding torch, and the largeness of the gloves spreads out my fingers wide and makes my hands cramp up. I'm not one to complain but I really need these women's gloves!

Does anyone know of anywhere else I can order them? I ordered from ToolBarn and will absolutely not be doing that again. At this point I'm frustrated enough to pay a lot of extra money to get these dang gloves.

Broccoli1
03-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Arc Zone is a really good place to deal with

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=597_1931_595&gclid=CIKpjr-zyacCFQwFbAodqydfEg

Carmen Electrode is a Forum member

http://www.carmenelectrode.com/2008/03/18/women-are-different/

nadogail
03-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Can you contact Anglefire directly? Have you spoken to a live person at Tool Barn, preferably a manager? Have they charged your creditcard? if so call the credit card company. In my experience, American Express is like a Bulldog in dealing with flakey vendors.

jbmprods
03-12-2011, 11:15 AM
my local air gas dealer orders anything i ask for. air gas doesn't stock Tillman 42M gloves which is what i use for everything. he placed an order for me under my account name and now stocks them regularly. they order under my account name and then put them out for general sales for anyone that wants to buy them. since they are not a normal air gas stock if the regional sales manager comes in and see's something in that it not ordered and stocked for a customer account they have to go. doing it this way they will always have them in for me....jim

Broccoli1
03-12-2011, 11:24 AM
The problem could be with Angel Fire not having any to ship to their retailers or Drop ship once an order has been requested by the retailer.

A lot of On Line ordering is done this way:

You order from Toolbarn, TB then just contacts their supplier to drop ship directly to you.

ncfh
03-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I hear that, I recently ordered $700 worth of stuff from toolbarn.com and waited nearly three weeks for my order to arrive. Everything was supposedly "in stock" too. Good prices, lousy service.

Check out your LWS, a lot of them are just getting the women's gear out on display. I'm nearly 6' tall, so most of the men's stuff has worked for me.

Stiff, heavy gloves suck for everyone. I've actually removed the lining, turned them inside out and closely trimmed the extra material between the fingers before.

Oh, and rolling them tightly over a small dowel, and taping them that way helps to pre-curl them so less effort is required to grip a stinger. Works for me.

IceKid
03-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Wow thanks everyone for your quick responses, I very much appreciate it! I can't get ahold of TB today but will definitely be calling on monday. Their website never said anything was out of stock so that's what has me so upset. I was told, 4 weeks ago, that the items would ship from CA to their NE center and as soon as it arrived in NE it would ship to me here in montana.

What sucks about where I live, is there is one welding supply shop and they don't have barely anything, so everything has to be ordered. However, there area few more stores in a larger cit 2 hours from here so I'm thinking about making a trip down there today and setting up an account.

Thanks again everyone!

jbmprods
03-12-2011, 11:37 AM
I hear that, I recently ordered $700 worth of stuff from toolbarn.com and waited nearly three weeks for my order to arrive. Everything was supposedly "in stock" too. Good prices, lousy service.

Check out your LWS, a lot of them are just getting the women's gear out on display. I'm nearly 6' tall, so most of the men's stuff has worked for me.

Stiff, heavy gloves suck for everyone. I've actually removed the lining, turned them inside out and closely trimmed the extra material between the fingers before.

Oh, and rolling them tightly over a small dowel, and taping them that way helps to pre-curl them so less effort is required to grip a stinger. Works for me.

try a pair of Tillman 42's. they come in different sizes. i have used a lot of different gloves and these are by far the most pliable and comfortable i have ever used. i use them for stick, mig and tig.

IceKid
03-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Oh, and I did find the items I wanted on CyberWeld so I ordered from there. I ordered my helmet from there and had a very good experience, so I'm confident this time around.

jbmprods
03-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Montana is by far the most beautiful state i have ever trucked or worked in. always wanted to move to Troy on the Idaho Montana line. but i don't fare so good in the cold like i used to. used to do a lot of hunting and fishing up there.

tubr rat 72
03-12-2011, 01:40 PM
if you will go to angelfiregear.com they have a place ther with retailers they recommend maybe this will help you out.

Donald Branscom
03-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Any business or person with the name ANGEL is always trouble.
Example: Angel motors, Angel imports etc..

Never pay for extra fast shipping. You always loose because the plane can only fly so fast.