PDA

View Full Version : Is this the right forum for a radiator man to be on?

rLee
03-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Hello to all the other radiator remanufacturers out there! Are you on this forum? I love repairing rads and building new copper/brass conversions to replace the platic tank/aluminum core rads that are found in more and more of the oilfield and forestry equipment I service.

I have a question.... does anyone use aluminum solder by SA Day (Johnson Mfg).... Like the Dayrod 820, ZincTech 820, Dayrod 982, Dayrod 718, and Wonderbraze?

I have always used Wonderbraze as my repair alum alloy on any rad or cooler. Now I find out there are low-heat alloys available that make aluminum brazing child's play! When do you use the different rods?

I would love to hear from some other radiator repairmen! Thank you.

mla2ofus
03-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Well,(tongue in cheek) ya start out here as a solderer so 'til you make enough posts to graduate up, it'll fit ya!! Just kiddin' and a big welcome to ya!
Mike

rLee
03-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Oh... is there something post-solderer? What do I graduate to? I thought languishing in a cloud of lead fumes was the top craft! Acid puddles and corrosive elements.... all my nice shiny tools turning old and so quickly! How long will my nice 200 DX last in this environment? Oh, well. I love it.

To add to the list of aluminum solders I am researching..... has anyone used HTS-2000?????