PDA

View Full Version : tlc13

tlc13
05-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi Ya'll, I'm originally from Georgia and presently living in Hampton, Va. That is just outside of Virginia Beach. I am a welderette (female welder) by trade. I have been welding for 22, going on 23 years. I started out working for CBI building water tanks and water towers. We also did work in paper mills (stinky-but everyone there said it smelled like money to them). I now work for a marine and industrial repair company. We do a lot of repair work on government ships and some new work. I weld everything from gauge line tubing to double extra heavy wall pipe. And almost all flavors of metals. SS, carbon steel, coppernickel, inconel, alum and even some titanium. I tig, mig, flux-core and stick weld. I think out of everything my favorite is tig on SS and Alum. Everything comes out shiny and clean.
My hobbies are NASCAR races, boating and fishing. I am a pretty good cook, if I don't say so myself. I do some hobby welding at home. Mostly projects for friends that need a little something done on the side. One of our friends has a john boat that needed some cracks repaired and I hooked him up, so he can over and wired up our hottub. It is nice to have friends like that. If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask. Sorry for being so long-winded.

smithboy
05-26-2006, 10:54 AM
A Georgia Girl! Great to have you. Sounds like you will be a great resource for the site.

zapster
05-26-2006, 12:03 PM
welcome aboard

great site here

the more the merrier:drinkup:

...zap!