PDA

View Full Version : Auto dark helmets. ArcOne?

DiabolicZ
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Anyone know anything about the ArcOne helmets? They seem like they are a quality helmet, and I really like the look of the Python series!

http://www.arc1weldsafe.com/pythons.html

Basically, other than the head bands falling apart constantly on my HF helmets, I have no complaints. They work fine and always have. But the plastic on the sides inside the helmet always snaps. I just want a quality helmet that is a little different from the typical Lincoln or Miller helmets.

EDIT: Dammit, I should have put this in General welding...

Metal Pounder2
04-02-2011, 10:17 PM
If you want something you will be able to pass down to the grand kids get a Fibre Metal. I have a bad spot in my neck and even though I don't do production welding I still hurt some after a long day. Wife bought me a Jackson NexGen but I've never even put the thing on. It's the same hood as my old Jackson Shadow and looks to have a nice headgear in the thing.
So I think it depends on the work you want to get done with it. If you are going to work production the 3M rigs are light (if the curve doesn't bother you) but if you are using it now and then it's hard to beat a Pipeliner in my book.

AMC724
04-02-2011, 11:49 PM
I have an arcone 540x? lens in my jackson hsl100 and love it

at my new job, they also hired a "retired" pipeliner who has a pancake hood and he said to him the hoods weight about the same, i didnt try his so i dont know.

the thing i like the most about the lens is the fact that is very light in the light state.
in the shop i work in we currently have no lights above us, so its dark, and i can weld all day and never "need" to lift myhood.

the only problem is the thickness of the lens, in the hsl100 theres not enough room for a cover plate on the inside.

ive have my lens for 3 years, i recently quit a job that was full production building water towers, welding 6 hours in an 8 hour day, no issues.

if/when this one dies, i will get another.

before this lens i went through 2 nexgens and 1 3n1 and a htls? professional (all jackson) 5 yearsof service from 4 lenes.(not good)

there wss a stretch of time i wasnt welding daily, after sitting the lens would flash me the first arc.(dead battery?)

thats my 2 cents