PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Sign Box

travisc454
04-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I made a couple of these a few weeks ago.
FYI this is a link to a slideshow of the project in my website. i just fired it up and will soon be adding more projects.
http://performancealuminumfabrication.com/index2.php#/fgallery/1/

MrBeast
04-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Nice looking work

bert the welder
04-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Nice looking work

x2
Welcome to the site!:cool:

travisc454
04-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Thank you. I have been lurking for a while. I've only been welding for two years. It started as a hobby. Even before i had a welder i was on here learning as much as I could. Jumped in head first and bought a Dynasty 200DX and began practicing. But it wasn't until i took a part time job at a small welding shop that does mostly aluminum hunting and marine fab that I started to get the hang of things. One thing i never want to do is stop trying to get better. Thats why i started my own business. Nothing drives me crazier than people than people (my old boss) who are very very good at something to the point they think they are best and can't improve..... I will quit with the life story. But if i could have done one thing different it would be that i wished i never started with a foot pedal. Most people will think its crazy but if i were to give one tip to someone who is trying to learn to TIG it would be to just start with a cheap on/off switch on the torch. It will allow you to focus on controlling the bead with your speed and the cooling effect of the filler. But thats my opinion.