PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln LN 130 also known as Norweld

welder99
07-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Hello,
I have a Lincoln Ln 130 stick welder.Also known as a Noweld.Im looking for a owners manual for this machine.You can run it on 120 volts or 220 volts single phase.Well the problem is I for got to switch it back from 120 volts,,,,,I hooked it up on 220 volts.It popped and smoked alittle..:mad:....Im looking to get it looked at and fixed if possible.Anyone have any info???....Thanks.

jpump5
07-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Not familiar with the Ln130.Sounds like its an inverter/expensive to repair.
If it's a transformer type welder w/cooling fan,I would expect the fan motor to be cooked and the
transformer to be ok.Cheap to fix.
Have you looked inside yet?
You'd think they could have come up with a better name than "Norweld" or"Noweld".
Good luck.

welder99
07-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Hello,
Its not an inverter machine,Its a transformer machine.I bought it over 10 years ago.I had it hooked into 120 volts tig welding the last time I used it.Well When I went to use it again later.I forgot and plugged it into 220.Yes I took the cover off and looked in side.Didnt look to bad.I did see a little waffer looking thing that looked smoked.I was hoping someone would have an owners manual or give me directions to find a wire diagram.I think Norweld made the machine and Lincoln bought into them yrs ago.Painted the Red labeled it Lincoln LN 130.

jpump5
07-23-2011, 11:14 PM
I just looked at the manual/schematic on the lincoln site.Not what I was picturing.
Go to lincoln site-click support-owners manuals

ccawgc
07-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Go to lincoln's web site and down load IM391. Your machine has a transformer and the output is SCR controlled. You may have smoked the control pcb.

DDA52
07-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Norweld, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Spent many an hour with one of those guys. Never used the LN130's, but tons o time with the Norweld. They were nice machines to haul into buildings to do little stuff. Power hungry little beasties, too. Had a chance to buy one a coupe of decades ago...should have done it.

sasha1975
07-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Hello,
Its not an inverter machine,Its a transformer machine.I bought it over 10 years ago.I had it hooked into 120 volts tig welding the last time I used it.Well When I went to use it again later.I forgot and plugged it into 220.Yes I took the cover off and looked in side.Didnt look to bad.I did see a little waffer looking thing that looked smoked.I was hoping someone would have an owners manual or give me directions to find a wire diagram.I think Norweld made the machine and Lincoln bought into them yrs ago.Painted the Red labeled it Lincoln LN 130.
Hello, I have such the same.If possible transfer many foto the electronic unit on my mail, I'll be able to very priznatelen.If i paint the scheme, you will surely help you in your repair.I bought without the electronic unit and do not know that there must stay inside.What details there are inside.Let's help each other.Pre- thanks .

sasha1975
07-30-2011, 05:27 AM
sorry first time I write

ccawgc
08-10-2011, 01:21 AM
Should be able to go to Lincolnelectric.com and down load the owner's manual.
That's about all the information there is on these welders.

Ironhead1983
12-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi Im new in this siteand just wondering if you got it fixed.I have the same welder.I know this is an old post but you can get a pdf from Lincolns site I did. Let me know thanks.And dose any one know where Icold get the tig set up for one of these welders?

Oldendum
12-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Here is the link for the IM391 operator's manual:

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/servicenavigator-public/lincoln3/im391.pdf

Ironhead1983
12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
thank you oldendum I have that all ready.I was just wondering if you could still get the tig set up or not.
And if it would be worth it or not.I got all of 30$ dollers in the welder.Igot it at a yard sale for 15$ with an old helmet hand full of rods on a two weel dolly.there was no potentiometer on thewelder he just had the three wires twisted to gether.So i went to my local LWS and got a used potentiometer for 15$.
And I just got a new Lincoln 180 Dual mig welder.Im new to welding im taking a class at my community college in town.Thank you for your time!!

DSW
12-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Machine looks like a DC stick welder, so any basic scratch start tig rig would get you going. Take a look at this thread and it will cover what you need to make this work.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=38106

Ironhead1983
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Thank you DSW ill take a look

welder99
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Hello All,
Well it took some time,BUT, it's BACK RUNNING,......Thank You Lincoln and a good friend.I talked with a Lincoln tech that had to look in the ( Tomb of dead welders)......and found the information I needed.It seems that there's little wafer capacitors that's in line to help in the event of voltage spikes and (fools like me that forgot which voltage I had it set on ).he told me the values on the capacitors I needed.The a friend of mine at work that's a king when it comes to electronics.He needed some welding done and I needed my welder fixed....lol.Its back together and welding like new.Thanks to all the replied .
Best Regards.

Ironhead1983
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Im glad you got it Going welder99.Does your tig torch plug in the front where your stinger would or is it the type that you clamp the stinger on?Thanks in advance Ed. And if it does plug in the front do you have any pics
of the set up?

welder99
12-06-2012, 08:11 PM
It's a air cooled rig that hooks to the stinger,scratch start....150 amp flex head.Pretty sweet little rig.Ive used it many times on stainless jobs and also stick welding burning 1/8 - 7018.I know there's a lot of new inverter machines out there today that weight a lot less and offer lift arc .But this machine delivers a lot of bang for the buck,it's got a copper wound transformer that u can weld all day n night with out a hitch.
Best Regards,
Welder99

Ironhead1983
12-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks welder99