PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Invertec V350-Pro w/ pulse. K1728-7

CEP
09-21-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm thinking about upgrading my 350-Pro Construction model to the pulse model, and also buy the Magnum SG spool gun. Does anyone here own this model? Any experience in running one of these? Any pictures of pulse Mig welds, aluminum, stainless steel, steel?
Thanks in advance!

Joker11
09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
I didn't even know there was a construction model!

Hmm, subscribed.

CEP
09-21-2011, 08:48 PM
The construction model is the low end one. Very sweet machine, it's amazing the control the arc force has over the puddle.

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/equipment/multi-process-welders/Pages/invertec.aspx

norite
09-22-2011, 01:54 AM
From the info on this page about the Invertec V350 Pro from Lincolns web site,

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/en_US/Products/K1728-5/e591.pdf

It appears that the construction model is not directly upgradeable to the pulse model which is the advanced process model. However It appears that the factory model is upgradeable to the advanced process model.

I may be wrong but that is how it reads to me.

ccawgc
09-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Call tech support with your code and serial number and ask if it can be upgraded.
A class I took several tears ago, that talked about upgrades. There were some limits. So it is best to call Lincoln before buying any parts..

ccawgc
09-27-2011, 02:11 AM
I was looking for some thing else and found the answer. The construction model can not be upgraded. The basic factory model can have the pulse and advance process panel, field installed.

mpp181
10-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I hate to confirm this, but CCAWGS is right - you cannot upgrade construction model to the pulse one. The firmware in the Control PCB won't accept advanced panel.

CEP
10-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Got the spool gun last Wednesday, the new Invertec V350-Pro w/pulse shipped last Thursday, should have all of it by this weekend. Can't wait to get into this pulse aluminum, and spray Mig.
Talked to the guys at the LWS this morning about bringing in a bottle of 90/10 so I can try that mix first.:cool2:

norite
10-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Please post back when you have tried the pulse feature. I have the factory model and I am considering upgrading it to the advance process to get the pulse, never tried one yet with it and not sure if I would really need it.

CEP
10-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Will do. ;)

CEP
10-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Finely got everything in, Lincoln ships very slow. Invertec V350-Pro works great, (on SMAW). But the SG spool gun does not work! After going through the manual 2 or 3 times I called Lincoln to see if I was doing something wrong. The tech laughed, said you can't hook it up or do anything wrong. Has to be a problem with the spool gun or control module. Have to take everything into the Lincoln repair center! :rolleyes:

Rick V
10-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Wow CEP... Bummer! :(

CEP
10-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah I was excited to try this pulse aluminum Mig!

Rick V
10-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Looking at the machine, how can you tell the pulse version from the non-pulse version?

CEP
10-26-2011, 10:15 PM
You have to open the flap, dial on the left changes the welding processes.

Rick V
10-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks CEP; I'll have to check out the new ones (about 15 or so) at the local college to see if any of them have the pulse setting. You know, I don't remember the flap being so wide, but it might have been... we were only adjusting the left side... knob? (hmmm, I think our machines were multiple pushes of press/switch where your knob on the left is.) I can't recall rotary switches.

ccawgc
10-27-2011, 02:40 AM
If you haven't taken the spool gun in yet for repair . I am going to tell you who to call to get good help on the spool gun. Call Systematics they build the gun for lincoln. I had a new one come in to my shop that was not working right and Lincoln didn't have a clue.
Called systematics tech support and he says oh that problem. Just open the control box and turn the pot on the pcb a little and it will start working. sure enough it fixed the one I had.
So call systematics and see what they say. You still may have to take it to a service shop if something has to be replaced. One thing you can check is to make sure the welder has the right voltages at the feeder plug. This will tell you if your problem is in the welder or the feeder. Good luck at be careful.

CEP
10-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Would you happen to have a phone number for Systematics? I went through the manual, didn't see any reference to Systematic. The LWS is sending their outside salesman over this afternoon, he use to be a repair tech for Thermal Dynamics, then ESAB. Not bad being as I bought all this on line! But they understand money is money. Then again been dealing with them for over 30 years.

CEP
10-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Think I have a problem with the power source. Set the welder on CV, hooked up my LN-25 to try some Mig, nothing! Switched the welder back to CC, and switched the LN-25 to VV, round and round the drive roll went.:realmad:

Should have bought another Everlast!:D

Rick V
10-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah Really! DOA is usually not associated with Lincoln Electric.

CEP
10-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Hopefully it's something simple that I'm doing wrong. The local repair center is generally 6-weeks behind at all times! If I got to wait 6-weeks to play with this thing I'm gonna have a cow! :laugh:

Lanse
10-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Think I have a problem with the power source. Set the welder on CV, hooked up my LN-25 to try some Mig, nothing! Switched the welder back to CC, and switched the LN-25 to VV, round and round the drive roll went.:realmad:

Lol I like how everyone knocks the everlasts for their reliability issues yet yours works right out of the box, and then you get a dead Lincoln. Whats this world coming to?!?!? :realmad:

Haha, youve got a WAY cool machine there man :)

CEP
10-27-2011, 03:35 PM
youve got a WAY cool machine there man :)

Right now it's just a big paper weight!:laugh:

Really hope it's something I'm doing wrong:blush2:. Whole lot of options on this puppy!

Lanse
10-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Well you're handling this better than I would, Id be pulling my hair out, going insane right about now :dizzy:

What are you going to be building with this machine? Its a dang beast!! :drinkup:

CEP
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Well you're handling this better than I would, Id be pulling my hair out, going insane right about now :dizzy:

What are you going to be building with this machine? Its a dang beast!! :drinkup:

If I was trying to make a living with this machine, things would be different! This is just more entertainment for me.

Nothing in particular, like to see what pulse Mig on aluminum, steel, and spray Mig is all about.

Stick-man
10-27-2011, 06:05 PM

Shoulda bought an XMT!!!;) But really, that sucks. For all that money and anticipation, I would come unglued.

CEP
10-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Off to the repair center in the morning! The outside salesman / x-repair tech couldn't get it to work either! He said the repair center, (same company) was backed up at least 6-weeks!

Rick V
10-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Rats! That's a downer. Darn good thing you didn't need this for business - lieky be so pee'd off you have told them to stuff it. Still it's a let down for sure; you were so pumped to get that machine!
Sorry CEP. Hard to belief Lincoln quality control didn't catch that - on a commercial industrial machine.

CEP
10-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Most likely something damaged in shipping. That's a problem buying off the Internet, if I bought through the LWS they would have assembled everything checked it out before delivery. But they were $600.00 more than the Internet company. As much as I love dealing with my LWS I don't love them that much! I've taken $100.00 and even as much as $200.00 hit by going through them in the past, but never $600.00!

Rick V
11-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Hey CEP, I checked out the college's V350pro's - inside that flip-down panel is a mite different from yours. I press that button on the left to cycle though the processes - indicated only by an led next to a written description on the panel; there is no digital readout.
Yours seem to select processes via that left rotary switch and a full light up letter display shows what you chose. Your push button is labelled Memory. Ours have no memory. I didn't see a 'pulse' function anywhere.

ccawgc
11-01-2011, 01:59 AM
From systematics web site 1-800-ABC-WELD
CEP where are you located?
Where you trying to operate on 230 volts or 460 volts?
I just repaired an older 350 pro contractor that worked perfect on 230 volts but hardly made a spark when on 460 volt power. It came in because the line cord had been pulled so hard it broke the line switch. and bent sheet metal. It turned out the capacitors were going out of balance and the safety circuit was shutting down the welder. After much hair pulling and many calls to Lincoln I stumbled on to the cause. A blue box shaped capacitor on the switch pcb had been broken loose at one end. Soldered it back to the switch pcb and the welder came to life and worked perfect. If your welder is brand new get it to a Lincoln repair shop and tell them it was an out of box failure. They should get to it faster. Call your Lincoln rep If you have to wait 6 weeks for a warranty repair he might get you a loaner or a new replacement. Do not be afraid to ask.

David R
11-01-2011, 07:40 AM
I have a pro with panel and one without. Look at some of my threads for examples of pulsed spray. Its a great machine.
More when I am not using my phone to surf.

David R
11-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Here are a few I dug up.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=24313

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=18934

Go to my threads, there are a few more on the bottom of page 6.

Enjoy your new machine.

After I bought mine, I found a used one (factory model) for $1300. I bought it.

David

CEP
11-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the links David R, great reads! When I get this thing back, if I can't get a handle on it I might be asking you some questions, if you don't mind?

$1,300.00 for a factory model? Were you wearing a mask, and have a 6-shooter?:laugh:

David R
11-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the links David R, great reads! When I get this thing back, if I can't get a handle on it I might be asking you some questions, if you don't mind?

$1,300.00 for a factory model? Were you wearing a mask, and have a 6-shooter?:laugh:

Used, just in the right place at the right time.

Gouging today with it @ 300 amps.

Wait till you see how it will lay down 7018. Or MIG or .......

Enjoy.

CEP
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Before I took it into the repair center, I ran it a little bit. I ran a short pass with my LN-25, (Mig), just to see if the CV side was working. Didn't really play with it long enough to see if it runs any better than my construction model. Have to say the construction model is the best SMAW machine I've ever run. I can't believe the control over the puddle these Invertecs have! I'd really like to do a side by side comparison with a Miller XMT-350 CC/CV.

chilliman207
12-02-2012, 03:28 AM
I got a newer style Lincoln Invertec 350 pro ,, I love it, but I am not sure of all capabilities! Can this machine weld aluminum ? :help:

norite
12-02-2012, 04:06 AM
I got a newer style Lincoln Invertec 350 pro ,, I love it, but I am not sure of all capabilities! Can this machine weld aluminum ? :help:

Congrats on the new welder, you are going to really like it. IMHO it is one of the best machines made today.

Aluminum? Yes with a spoolgun or push/pull feeder. No AC tig though.

CEP
12-02-2012, 05:41 AM
Can this machine weld aluminum ? :help:
Mine does. :D