PDA

View Full Version : Info on JV Industrial please

AMMO22
12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
After 10 years in the Air Force, I have made the decision to not re-up and go into the reserves and stay in Texas. So I am on a job hunt to say the least. I have received 3 welding codes in the past month (2 AWS D1 and an API). I am thinking about making the 7 hour drive to take a test at JV Industrial. But I wanted to ask if anyone had any experience dealing with them?

P.S. If anyone is looking for a welder or welder helper let me know.

woohoo
12-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Use to be alot of them double time hands from Wichita Falls, Don't know if that's still the case but it used to be that Piping Engineers was from there and some of their Supt's as well. They sold to somebody a few years ago and I think all those guys went in different directions.

You may be right in the middle of some of their stomping grounds. Hope that helps.

As far as JV goes I worked a few jobs for them back around 99 and 00 or so when they were just getting going and it wasn't for me, to much blood and guts and blatant disregard for safety. Through out the years several people have been killed on JV jobs, I always shook my head when I heard about another one and told myself "I know why". I've wondered a few times how they stayed in business and about all I could figure they must have good lawyers.

I understand that they also sold some time ago and it's nothing like it was but that name will always cause me to steer clear of them.

Hope that helps also.

farmall
12-07-2011, 04:09 PM
The career midpoint is always the slow spot, but the second ten years flies by.

I wouldn't advise anyone to eject mid-career because of the drastic delay/difference in retirement money, but good luck if that's what you have to do.

The civilian workforce is a bad place, and I and other USAF vets I've worked with openly retract our jokes about "military intelligence". Even the Ammo troops!