PDA

View Full Version : weldpak 175 ?

shredcini
12-29-2006, 10:57 AM
I was thinking of getting this for general all around welding. Anyone using this now? Good/Bad feedback? Is the flexcore wire idea worth it?

Thanks!
Mark

speed wheelie
01-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I've used the lincoln weldpak machine.. Damn good welder.. I fab metal work for airboats . And have used it for three years now ..Do not use flexcore

Sandy
01-23-2007, 11:19 PM
No input other than Lincoln has a new line out in the 180 class. You might want to do a stare and compare of prices to see what the difference is.

bill104
06-16-2007, 02:22 AM
honestly my freinds Flux core wire is just as good as soild wire, depemding on the man behind the welder, your major deferances would be fluxcore leaves a lot of splatter, and clean up, and will weld thru most dirty metels, remember the direr the metel the more splatter you have, solid wire burns clean with gas and makes a pretty weld with little splattr and less clean up, but your metel needs to be clean for it to work right, so if a clean look is your need use new metel free of rust and paint, or a good prep job before hand, flux core is great for a fast strong repair where looks don't matter to much. just my two opinion. but it works for me