Bob in China: First impressions - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bob in China: First impressions

Quote Originally Posted by titan winch View Post
    I was actually in a TV infomercial for a new restaurant that was opening. Here is the link for the Beijing Restaurant

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDU0NDM4ODY4.html?x

Here is a view from my hotel where I stay when I am working at the factory overseeing our product build.

There is a ongoing thread on our own forum showing a number of pictures from the factory and some other areas
    Cheers
    I take it you are the Santa Clause looking guy Man, I love Chinese food. I would look like Santa too if I spent much time in China
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Yes I am the Santa Claus looking fellow.
    The video was actually shot this past September and the picture in this post was from last week.
    cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    UA Local 853
    Everlast Welders Canada

That was a great read. I have a son and daughter in-law that live and work in Beijing now, and formerly in Shenzhen. I visited them in south China and Hong Kong, I related to many parts of your story, especially the part about the Chinese people being on a mission when driving (the horn is used about as much as the gas pedal) or walking or bicycling, don't get in the way. Pedestrians have no right of way and crosswalks are just a suggestion of where to cross. I too was mugged by the counterfeiters in Hong Kong; it’s just like one giant market place. I enjoyed my visit to both the mainland and Hong Kong, but the one thing they need to get under control is their air pollution problem. I have asthma and I can't go to Beijing because it has a dangerously high particulate matter. The US embassy measures the pollution from the top of their building, the level the Chinese government post in the daily news is never accurate so the embassy is the only accurate reading available, last week it was over 728! The top of the chart is 500 at the dangerous level, they posted beyond index! To give you a comparison the worst in the US is in LA and it only reaches the middle of the index around 150 to 200. Thanks again for sharing your travel stories, I enjoyed reading them.

Here are a couple of pictures from Beijing China last week!
    Attached Images Attached Images