Welder Repair
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Welder Repair

Welder Repair

Anyone know of a good place to get an engine driven welder looked at? I have a Ranger 8. Mine is not welding properly and would like to have it checked out. The fine tune knob only works when on 8 or higher. Im located north of Baltimore in Maryland. Its the welder part of the machine, not the engine. I tried running my LN-25 off of it the other day, and couldn't get that to work properly either. Thanks.

Re: Welder Repair

Try asking a mod to move this to the Lincoln page. It will get a better and faster response.
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Quote Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
    Anyone know of a good place to get an engine driven welder looked at? I have a Ranger 8. Mine is not welding properly and would like to have it checked out. The fine tune knob only works when on 8 or higher. Im located north of Baltimore in Maryland. Its the welder part of the machine, not the engine. I tried running my LN-25 off of it the other day, and couldn't get that to work properly either. Thanks.
    safest bet is to contact lincoln for any AUTHORIZED lincoln repair shops in your area so you have a half of a fighting chance to have it repaired correctly and not get ripped off....
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most...

I emailed Lincoln Electric the other day to see if they had any authorized repair shops in the area, and they referred me to three different welding supply companies near me. Would these companies repair themselves or just send them somewhere else to be repaired? Just trying to cut out paying the middle man if i can.

Call them and ask them. We have no way of knowing what these companies will do.
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.
    -Cree Indian Proverb

SA 200 Lincoln
    Victor Torches

s and s Electric Motors chambersburg, pa

http://ss-electric-motors.com/sselectric_003.htm

The guy larry used to be GTS-welco inhouse repair guy for 30 years, until they got out of the welder repair business. So ss electric picked him up in a hurry.

He has repaired a few of my machines. Even got a XMT 350mpa that was 4 months out of warranty covered by miller.
    Lincoln
    300 Vantage 2008
    300 Commander 1999
    SA250 1999
    SA200 1968

Miller
    Syncrowave 200
    XMT350MPA/S-52E/xr-15
    Xtreme 12vs
    Millermatic 251 w/30A
    Millermatic 251
    Dialarc 250