We Need An SA-200 Info/FAQ Sticky - Page 11
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: We Need An SA-200 Info/FAQ Sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeliner View Post
    There are good and bad to both I guess. I've used the kind like Weldmart sells. I believe you'll have to notch your hood for the padlock bar to go up though. Then the padlock lays flat on your hood and slides / scratches a half moon out of your paint.

The major disadvantage to the one LL sells is the fact that the lock faces straight up and will be frozen closed when it rains / snows. And you'll still have to drill holes for the hold down bolts to go through your hood.

As with any lock, either choice is only going to keep the honest folks out. With that said, of the two, if you can live with a notch in the hood and the paint beat off from the padlock, I think the one Weldmart has would be my choice. And regardless of which one you choose, be sure to educate your helper that using the torch to thaw the lock is a big no no.
    When I have a padlock bouncing off paint that I care about I slip a piece of bike inner tube over the lock as a bumper/cushion. The up facing lock can be sealed with a dab of Vaseline smeared over the key hole ( tends to lube the keyway and pins as a bonus) but padlocks have been difficult to keep moisture out- even if I seal the keyway, the shackle holes seem to take on moisture and freeze. Or you can do what fussy drivers that have straight stacks do- put a bucket over it overnight.
    Thunderbolt AC/DC
    330AB/P + Bernard cooler
    Syncrowave 250
    Oxy/Ace torch
    Dayton 160 MIG
    6CF pot with 185 compressor
    Too much big equipment
    Even more small tools

To deter theft or tampering with my machine, I stuck a vibration detector on it. The kind used for windows. Works great. You can't touch the machine without it going off. Very cheap, very sensitive and loud. Mine has a magnet on it so I just stick it under the door. Guaranteed to scare off anyone.
    piece of soapstone
    tape measure
    chipping hammer (wire handle type)

Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the Lincoln sa 200. Sorry if i post this in the wrong spot but I found this thread and it is very helpful. Just bought my 1963 Lincoln f163 redface (I believe it's a red face). Is there any way to tell that it is for sure a red face and what year it it? Face plate is worn and doesn't have any color to it. Code on the faceplate says 6633 if that helps. It cranks and has good compression, just doesn't have any spark, picked it up for $1000, was it a good deal? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by levimeloy View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forum and new to the Lincoln sa 200. Sorry if i post this in the wrong spot but I found this thread and it is very helpful. Just bought my 1963 Lincoln f163 redface (I believe it's a red face). Is there any way to tell that it is for sure a red face and what year it it? Face plate is worn and doesn't have any color to it. Code on the faceplate says 6633 if that helps. It cranks and has good compression, just doesn't have any spark, picked it up for $1000, was it a good deal? Thanks in advance
    I have a '68 red face Code# 6633.

There are 2 "red" faceplates for the SA200. PN M8803 covers Code#s 3418 to 5841 and M10926 covers Code#s 5957 to 7242 (our machines).

There's also a red/blue faceplate for Code#s 4149 & 4150.

http://stumpfweldingsupplies.com/200_Nameplates.html
    http://billswelderrepair.com/faceplates.html

Your no spark issue may just be crusty points in the mag that can be cleaned up with a little sandpaper or points file.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save 2nd Base!

This is a service manual link provided by Bill's Welder Repair in OKC to nearly every code # SA200 manufactured. This was on the Lincoln site at one time, but I haven't looked lately to see if it's still up.

http://www.billswelderrepair.com/fil...00_manuals.pdf

This is a collaboration of all manuals, so you'll need to reference your code # to determine the correct manual. It's a big file (not a smartphone in the field friendly size) so be patient. I'm sure by now everyone has at least a PDF copy saved to their hard drive, but if not now is a good time to do so.

And thank you to Bill's in OKC for making it accessible in this fashion.
    "You can't out puke a buzzard"

Where can you find more info on these Lincoln diesel welders such as how they operate and the different types of models?

Hey guys starting on a 4150 red blue face and I dug through this sticky trying to find some leads on replacement sheet metal any help in that department?

Thanks I looked at that site but I thought I had read somewhere some people had problems getting their stuff in a reasonable amount of time

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willp90 View Post
    Thanks I looked at that site but I thought I had read somewhere some people......
    Ya I read somewhere the world was ending September 23, 2017 but I'm still here. Don't believe everything you've heard or read until you've lived it.

Ya I read somewhere the world was ending September 23, 2017 but I'm still here. Don't believe everything you've heard or read until you've lived it.
    True to an extent but if 7/10 people have a bad experience with a product odds are that I will too

Call Jeff Booze and talk to him directly. (405) 619-9988. When you're speaking with him inquire if the items you seek are in stock or if he has to make a run of them before he can fill your order. One-on-one communications is an amazing thing.

He's shipped stuff to me in short order in the past.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save 2nd Base!

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Call Jeff Booze and talk to him directly. (405) 619-9988. When you're speaking with him inquire if the items you seek are in stock or if he has to make a run of them before he can fill your order. One-on-one communications is an amazing thing.

He's shipped stuff to me in short order in the past.
    Thank you duane I'll do that

Fair deal on new exhaust manifolds from Reliable. Same manifold being sold around the www for $250 + .

Note that if you are using the original R-57 idler you will need to drill / tap the manifold for your vacuum line.

1 1/2" NPT for exhaust pipe and you'll need a Fel-Pro # MS8676B gasket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/F124E-500-N...19.m1438.l2649

Name:  m.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  48.7 KB