Matts Project Thread. Step 1, Setting up
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Matts Project Thread. Step 1, Setting up

Hey guys my name is Matt

I thought id start my thread a lil early before i start on my projects.

This is my Inverter Welder, 180amp MMA, 200amp Tig.

I bought this welder off ebay about 2 years ago and have been using the stick welder side of things. Welds pretty dam good but only in the last week i have only just pulled my finger out to aquire the items required to get my tig up and running.

Before that i did use the tig side of it just once at a camper trailer place i was working at, and noticed there was a leak inside, i didnt worry about fixing it as it was a quick weld, but about 2 weeks ago i decided to pull the case off and change the hose set up inside

This is how i have had it changed so it dosent rub up agianst anything and installed a better hose

Re: Matts Project Thread. Step 1, Setting up

Then hopefully when the rain dissapears in the next couple of days i can start to clean out my fathers shed to set my self up and have some room,

Also scored my self a steel bench with a laminated top and has a shelf with sliding doors on it im going to put wheels on so it can be moved around.

Will post pics as i progress with the set up.

Will get some pics of the bench i scored and also where im setting my self up.

Cheers Matt.

Also here is a peak at what my fathers project is,

Will start a seperate thread for that soon.

This is the bench i picked up a couple of days ago, pretty much what i need

Ill just put some wheels on it during the week when the weather fines up and it shall be good

Ill use it to store my tools etc.

Went through the shed today and clean out most of the crap, i should be bale to put my bench in there in the next couple of days

Also getting my argon bottle tommoro so i can do some weld tests and sort out the settings

I'm gonna recommend getting/building a steel-top welding bench. The heat will do horrible things to a wood bench, and even worse to imitation-wood formica.

Ah thats my tool storage bench plus my plasma cutter will sit in there when not bieng used.

I do plan to make a bigger bench or at least find a one off ebay etc i can modify.

Sheet steel aint cheap speacially for the size of the bench i going to make,

Well i have made progress getting the shed cleaned out

My SS Tig wire arrived today and i also got my Argon bottle and bought a gauge as well, later on ill look at getting a flow meter

Tommoro ill bring my other bench in from out side and do some practice welds on it

I have a couple of projects comming up as well

First will be a couple of welding carts for my tig welder and my plasma cutter

Then work on a welding/fab bench.
    Last edited by frd906; 05-08-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Nice little setup you're putting together there. How big is the shed? Looks like the slab is pretty smooth which is great for rolling stuff around.
    Lincoln PT225 (sold)
    Miller MP-10 & Jackson Nexgen EQC
    Modified Taig Lathe
    20 Ton Press
    Swag HD Press Brake

Umm i cant remember actually but yeh its a decent size.

For now ill be tig welding in it but doing the grinding and cutting out side as i dont want sparks and that flying every where.

Once my father moves 99 per cent of the stuff out off it into his 48ft container then ill have some more room, i do have a bench i bought in which ill put it on wheels and store my tig welder and plasma cutter in and just wheel it in and out when needed, speacially as 2 cars goes in there during the night.

Yeh the floor is nice and smooth, i plan to build my bench on the floor as its level etc

Wow, havent updated this in a while guys ,sorry for the long wait, started work after my last post and have been busy ever since

Im actually starting on my welding trolley tommoro so will start a new thread for it

Sorry guys haven't been on here for awhile, Bought a ute since my last post, so im doing a mini set up in the back of it. Name:  1484218_10201994701980570_1805643816_n.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  46.4 KB