Fabshield 21b ?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Fabshield 21b ?

Fabshield 21b ?

I went to my lws to pick up some Fabshield 21b, and they no longer carry it in the 10lb rolls. I searched and found this at Tractor Supply, http://www.tractorsupply.com/hobart-035, is this E71T-11 the same as Fabshield 21b?

Re: Fabshield 21b ?

I can't comment on if its the same or not, just because Ive never used "real" fabshield, but I can say that the TSC stuff is S M O K E Y ! ! ! In fact, its the smokiest electrode I've EVER ran. But it does run nice, just keep your head out of it. You might want to pick up a couple extra clear lenses before you start. lol.
    "Overkill is an often under-rated achievement" -Will Hayden

HTP Mig 2400
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    Longevity StickWeld 250
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187

a.k.a ChuckE2009 on Youtube

Re: Fabshield 21b ?

I never have bothered to figure out the company structure difference between Hobart and Hobart Brothers. Could be the ITW thing plays in there somewhere. Anyway I run both versions of T-11 and don't see any real significant difference. The Fabshield is a tiny bit more forgiving in voltage range but it's a real small difference. Not like Lincolns wire.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt