Another very happy HTP owner
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another very happy HTP owner

I just got my HTP 221 tig welder and it is awesome I use a old airco heliwelder 325 at work everyday and I don't know how I'm going to go back to using it after this. With the htp the welder is Italian made and everything else that you get with it is USA made ( pedal, torch, water cooler) and it is a beast. I'll put up a pic later it's just a lIttle smaller then my hypertherm 65 too. It welds very sweet and makes aluminum stupid easy anyway I'm not gonna write a full review but I just wanted to let everybody know that I'm real happy with it and there service is fantastic so far.

Re: Another very happy HTP owner

pic. if anybody has any questions about it let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats.

I have heard nothing but good things about the HTP welders. Please do a follow up after you get a few more hours on it.
    "Nothing welded, nothing gained."
    Miller Dynasty700DX, 3 ea. Dynasty350DX, Dynasty200DX, ThermalArc 400 GTSW, MillerMatic350P, MillerMatic200 with spoolgun, MKCobraMig260, Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm 1250, Hypertherm800

Hey Good to know, thinking of pulling the trigger on one but not sure?? Did you get air cooled set-up?. Been thinking of either a miller diversion and a htp?

HTP is awesome! Congrats!
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC
    Longevity 200ex
    Longevity Forcecut 62i
    Longevity ProMTS200 & Spool gun
    Thermal Arc 186
    Tweco 141i

Quote Originally Posted by power View Post
    Hey Good to know, thinking of pulling the trigger on one but not sure?? Did you get air cooled set-up?. Been thinking of either a miller diversion and a htp?
    i got the water cooled version, the air cooled still uses a usa made ck torch its just a 17 instead of a 20. The HTP is ALOT more welder then a divirsion a dynasty 200 is a closer comparison. I actualy went with the 221 because it has more power and duty cycle then the dynasty. if you have anymore questions or want specific pics of anything let me know. So far I played with it all day yesterday and all day today and ill definetly update when i have some more hours on it.

welds aluminum like butter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where can I buy an HTP welder?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianstick View Post
    Where can I buy an HTP welder?
    usaweld.com

+1 still very happy with mine one month down the road. Only big thing I did is pick up some dust covers for the Dinse/gas/foot plugs since the unit sits unplugged due to getting moved around a lot. I'm tempted to put threaded inserts in for all the frame holes if I get real bored one day though.

Side' from that, nothing that isn't great to say about the machine and the HTP staff. Ck 17 torch still holding up fine as well as the monster ground clamp and SSC foot pedal.
    HTP Invertig 221-DV -- get's dragged everywhere.
    Syncro 200 -- "The Boat Anchor" at the lab.
    Lincoln 125 MIG

Glad to hear about another happy HTP user.

I've had mine since the first of this year. I'm a noob but feel like I got an awesome unit in the 221.
    No water cooler here and to be honest I don't run enough arc-on time for it to be an issue.

Mine has been good to me. And it's a krap load of fun to use.
    History of A.D.D. and Tourette's
    so if I change the subject
    and I start swearing at you
    don't get offended.

Well tmro will be a week into it and its still awesome short of just not working anymore I can't think of anything that would make me not like it it realy is a nice machine.
    hobart ironman 230 mig
    hypertherm pm65 plasma
    htp invertig 221 water cooled tig
    old huge craftsman arc welder
    smith oxy propane torch outfit
    hf bandsaw

Rockchopper,
    Did you buy the dual voltage version? If so how did you setup your plugs? I am buying this welder I need to decide between the dual or 220 version... Very nice choice!

Hey Alan,

Looks like the "butter" got a little soft in that photo.

Just "pulling your leg". Glad you're happy with your new machine.

I agree, there's no comparison between the HTP and a Diversion.
    Syncro 250 DX
    Dynasty 200 DX
    MM 251 w/30A SG
    XMT 304 w/714 Feeder & Optima Pulser
    HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 1250
    Smith, Harris, Victor O/A
    Smith and Thermco Gas Mixers
    Access to a full fab shop with CNC Plasma, Water Jet, etc.

KTMrider- I got the 220 version, I wanted water cooled and didn't see a need for it to run on 110 too.

Sundown- lmao yeah butter is prolly a bad way to put that. I got kinda excited I had just gotten a new toy. Runs like a Swiss watch. How's that?

Played with it all this weekend and so far it's still great. I have the rotory hand control I still need to try an I need to grab some 7018 and try the stick function.
    hobart ironman 230 mig
    hypertherm pm65 plasma
    hf bandsaw

I'm thinking dual voltage now! I keep going back and forth, back and forth...

Get dual voltage you cant go wrong and the feature is more useful than you might ever think. Worth every penny, I have a TA185 and could only wish to be able to use 110 access with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMrider View Post
    I'm thinking dual voltage now! I keep going back and forth, back and forth...
    If you will actualy use the dual voltage feature then get it. Me personally I make people bring the work to me. I'm not gonna let anybody barrow any of my machines and I new I wante water cooled anyway so I didn't see any reason to get both.
    hobart ironman 230 mig
    hypertherm pm65 plasma
    hf bandsaw

I also have an invertig221 air cooled for now. I love this machine but have only done mild and stainless with it so far. What settings did you use on the aluminum?
    Hobart Handler 187,
    Craftsman drill press,
    Smith torch setup,
    Htp invertig221,
    Milwakee portaband saw w/Swagoffroad V3.0 table kit

Quote Originally Posted by pushrods View Post
    I also have an invertig221 air cooled for now. I love this machine but have only done mild and stainless with it so far. What settings did you use on the aluminum?
    depends on your material but about 175, 70, and 1 pulse per second is ware I start at and work from there. I am planning to mess with the independent ac en/ep settings this weekend.
    let me know if you have any more questions.
    hobart ironman 230 mig
    hypertherm pm65 plasma
    hf bandsaw

Proud owner of an HTP 221 dv.. Haven't used it on 120 yet since its currently wired with a 220 plug,but having the ability to switch voltages is worthi it and can pay off with few mobile jobs...
    Lincoln Pro-pak 100 (owned for 10 yrs, but recently sold..)
    HTP 221 DV Tig welder (current toy and loving it)
    HF 14" Chop Saw
    Dewalt Sawzall ( very useful )

How is the 221 working out?? Photos?

Hey all! Been lurking here since my interest of pulling the trigger on some new toys...I am not a pro tig welder but laying down some pretty nice beads with my new 221. It was either the Htp 221 or Miller dynasty 200. Decided on the water cooled 221. Having fun so far. Just messing around with 1/4 mild steel so far...Aluminum next!
    Htp 221 water cooled
    Millermatic 252/q-300

ive had my 201 for about 3 years. Its travled to at least 5 jobsites to do eveything from stickweld stainless on a dock, to aluminum tig welding on a ranch.

It mostly stays on the cart in the shop, but its a great machine. I have 25' watercooled CK flex head torch, and water cooler.

Its a great machine. Ive never hit the duty cycle on it even when welding .25" steel caster boxes. About 20" of welding on each at full tilt and had no problems at all.

Only thing i dont like is the pedal, but im not wild about about the new miller plastic pedals either. I like the older big sheet metal box miller pedals the best.

If HTP would come out with the larger STEL machines i would definitely buy one, I want something comparable to a dynasty 350.

Still going strong here. Finished up a robot frame last week. Welds all still holding no problem after some "down the stairs" testing so I'd call that another HTP win

The DV option has proven to be pretty useful when I've needed to take the unit somewhere I'm not sure will have 240v service. Seeing as it's pretty easy to drag around when you take something like an 80cu or smaller cyl with you I figure the DV is pretty useful.

I wired my plug up like a few others have with the Dynasty's. I used a 240v twist lock plug on the end of the machine cable. I then wired up the female socket of that twist lock pair to a 1 ft long lead that terminates in a standard 3 prong house plug or any socket you may need to plug into to. (Made a few adapter leads for common plugs you're likely to see.) You lose out on top end amperage running on 120v but barring the thick stuff you can still tig just about anything.

I guess you could say it's the shop-brew equivalent of the MVP plug, with adapters for weird sockets you sometimes find.
    HTP Invertig 221-DV -- get's dragged everywhere.
    Syncro 200 -- "The Boat Anchor" at the lab.
    Lincoln 125 MIG