Everlast welder
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everlast welder

Everlast welder

I looks like a 4 1/2 year journey may have come to a happy ending. $ 1/2 years ago I purchased a 200 amp 4 in 1 welder from Everlast on Ebay. The 1st Welder worked for less than 1 min. and smoke came rolling out of the case. I made the first call to Everlast and after a few calls and emails I sent welder number 1 in for replacement. After many calls the replacement arrived.

I opened the box like a kid at Xmas time. wired a plug on and tried to plasma cut a 20ga piece of steel I got a few weak sparks and a couple of small holes. Next day more phone calls and promises from Everlast. Welder #2 sent back again. After a couple of weeks I called and found out Everlast was out of stock of my welder and some were on the way from china. I think the ships captain must have got lost because it took him 6 plus weeks to find S.F. Bay. Then Everlast sent me welder #3

. So at This point I have spent over $1000.00 it's been over six months and not one welding bead or cut has been made by me. A few weeks after Welder #3 arrived I was welding some 7018 at about 130 or 140 amps DC and thinking what a great looking bead I just made, and went to finish welding the job and about 2" into the next bead I hear what sounds like a gunshot. I look over at the welder and cloud of smoke rolls out of #3. I'm starting now to get pissed mostly at myself for buying a China piece of junk. So more calls and a on-line posting of my complaint. EVERLAST agrees to replace this Welder as well. I ship it back this time I pay the shipping. After a couple of weeks #4 welder shows up.

I check out the welder seams to work fine I even like the pilot arc plasma torch. I got real busy a work so I had no time for many home projects but I used the welder a few time during the next six months. and one day I went to cut a part out with the plasma cutter and it was dead. So I call Everlast and after while they asked if they sent me a Cut50 plasma cutter in stead of a whole new welder would that be OK. I agreed with out trying the AC tig on alloy. The new Plasma arrived And WOW that thing cut like crazy good.
    But my luck and the China machines pop up it ugly head and the 50amp plasma stopped working. So back on the phone At this point I'm ready to take these China Machines and do bad things. But Alex said he would send another cut50 and that mind was the first one that had gone bad..... I asked him About welder #4 Alex said Not to worry I had a 5 years that he would take care of me and my welder because I had so many problems in the past.

Well that was about 1 1/2 years ago and it seams that promises made verbally are sometimes forgotten. So a couple months a go when #4 would not tig weld AC alloy I called and was turned down for any type of warranty repairs on #4 welder. I posted on here about my ordeal with Everlast. Oleg got hot I got hot. But after 8 or 9 phone calls. Oleg offered to replace #4 welder with a non plasma cutting. 200amp AC/DC Tig welder.

So as it stands today 4 1/2 yrs later I have a Cut50 that I love. And a new but a little beat up (shipping) WSE200P welder. That makes 7018 flow like butter. Alloy with nice shiny beads.

Now I will cross my fingers that it all keeps working.

As far as Everlast's Alex and Oleg. They have kept their word to me. But had to be reminded what they promised.

Scott

Re: Everlast welder

That sounds like great fun & all, but I like to actually WELD with my welders.
    How many total hours worth of "phone time" were all of these phone calls?
    Did they pay your rate for that time?
    You actually paid to ship junk back to the junk pusher?!?! Don't do that, EVER. They make the junk, they should ship the junk!
    My Miller syncrowave has made hundreds of thousands of dollars for me over the past 12 years. The best 5K I ever spent
    Buy American, or don't whine when you end up on the bread line.

- multi-process machines seem like such a fukn' noob tard thing to buy or even make....why dont any of the big names make multi-turds. Ther probly going to start tho because of all the nub tards buyng them
    Lincoln SP-135 Plus, Lincoln 175 SquareWave, Iwata LPH 400

Wonder how many other states have similar codes?

http://www.ehow.com/about_6077045_ca...chandise_.html

Last edited by Sandy; 04-29-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

" multi-process machines seem like such a fukn' noob tard thing to buy or even make....why dont any of the big names make multi-turds"

Miller makes the 305 and the 350, a New 304 is about $4500 a 350 is more.

ThermalArc makes a couple of fairly decent ( see my post ), the small on is like $900, the big one is a tad under 2 grand.

Lincoln also makes multi process machines they are in the price range as the Millers (+/- ) a few dollars.

Not exactly a raving endorsement of quality and customer service from where I sit.

I'm glad you at least enjoyed the punishment and abuse.

No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!

Ronald Reagan

I have Miller, Hypertherm and Lincoln machines in my home shop.....some over 15 years old......still work the same as they did the day I got them. Never a warranty issue.

That is why you pay for good equipment.

Jim

I have a 10-12 year old Lincoln 255 in my shop right now. It came from a welding shop that fell on hard times and pawned it. When I bought it from the pawn shop, it looked really rough, but worked great. After cleaning it up, I took it to the local welder repair shop and asked them to check it out. After testing it, he said that it has seen a ton of use, but has a ton of years left in it. I'd like to see an Everlast machine go through that.

Even after replacing the ground cable and MIG gun, I have less $$$ in it than the corresponding Everlast 250 would cost. Granted, I have no warranty and it's not pretty. But I never worry whether or not it will burn some metal. And, if it ever breaks, the local welder repair shop can fix it. No shipping, no long waits. The same holds true for the other pieces of equipment I own. Piece of mind and serviceability are often left out of the purchase decision.
    Lincoln Powermig 255
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Thermal Arc 161S
    Oxweld 24R OA Torch
    Still Looking for an Old Round Top Idealarc 250

Wow you wonder if any of your welders will ever last for you....that is a strange and very sad journey you have had to go through.
    Drink a Guinness Draught....
    Millermatic 140
    Do you still remember
    December's foggy freeze --
    when the ice that
    clings on to your beard is
    screaming agony.

Quote Originally Posted by fredschrom View Post
    " multi-process machines seem like such a fukn' noob tard thing to buy or even make....why dont any of the big names make multi-turds"

Miller makes the 305 and the 350, a New 304 is about $4500 a 350 is more.

ThermalArc makes a couple of fairly decent ( see my post ), the small on is like $900, the big one is a tad under 2 grand.

Lincoln also makes multi process machines they are in the price range as the Millers (+/- ) a few dollars.
    fredschrome , it reminds me of those VCR / TV combos. When the VCR would break , yah , you could still use the TV , but. It was just weird.....kinda like an itch you cant scratch or fix watever

This would have been really bad if you were in business and needed that machine to make your living with. My Miller Shopmaster is close to 30 years old now and no issues, it just keeps making me money.

Your comparing apples to oranges though. Your. Imparting a transformer, to and inverter. Inverters no matter at color get smoked everyday. In the past three years I've smoked 2 synchros, 3 maxstars, 1 dynasty, and a 6 pack...... They all break. But I'm not a fan Of a multi process. Especially inverter based
    Miller bobcat 225g - spoolmatic 1
    Mm250 - 30a spool
    Miller spectrum 375
    Thermal arc 95
    Everlast Ex 250

As the boiler turns, these are the days of our lives

Quote Originally Posted by astaindsoul5446 View Post
    Your. Imparting a transformer, to and inverter.
    What?

Woi2ld,

I have welded a lot on a Miller 304, stick and wire only, they are a really decent machine, No really an excellent machine and I am sure I would like the 350 better. I have also used the Lincoln Invertertec 350 I like it less on stick, they are a good machine but I like dials better than buttons and I found the Miller ( for me ) easier to sweet spot. I didn't use the Lincoln on wire at all, so no comment, and I could get used to to the Lincoln. really why I like the Miller better is dials and: the dig and scratch control is a lot simpler to use.

When I buy another machine it WILL be a Miller 304 or 350 ( unless I found a Lincoln at a steal ) and I am not sure why you would want a single purpose machine. The best mig I ever welded on was a Lincoln hooked up to a old 500-600 amp power supply, which could be a Tig or DC stick depending how you set it up. Its a competitive world and a semi quote from a confererate general: He who gets the mostest for the leastest wins. Pretty sage advice.

fredschrome , i like the miller 304 also and hav looked at it alot. I thot the Everlast he was talking about was a multiprocess stick , tig , plasma cutter...........ive never thot of the 304 as a plasma cutter , just a welder

Can you post some Pics of the " great looking bead" ?

I did not start this thread as a way for the pro welders to boast about how great their Red, Blue, and orange welder is and how thet spent 3 to 5 thousand dollars I don't have. It's just not constructive and we all have read it in most every post you guys make. We all know that the Red, Blue, and Orange. Guys make great tools.

The reason for this thread is to give credit where credit is do. Welder #5 and Plasma #2
    are both working as they should. And for the price of mid line blue or red welder I can handle most any welding and fab job my beat up body can do.

The guys at Everlast did what they said they would do. I'm happy with that.Would I buy from them again most likely. If they sold something I needed for the right price.

China inverter welders are hear to stay. All the big boys are going to offer them. Because they are smaller lighter and weld better Than a transformer type welder. And the parts are going to come from china because we are no longer the leader in electronics.

" And the parts are going to come from china because we are no longer the leader in electronics."

Horse....s.h.i......I men pucky.

Yeah China has better aircraft carriers, F22 strike fighters, and stealth bombers. Get off your crack pipe and join the real world, and pack your horse turd comments. Most major electronics is either designed in the GOOD ol USA or Japan, Korea lagging or europe. China needes to resouce to industrial espionage, or imported engineers to supervise QA, and lately managers to monitor the slave labor conditions.

And buddy if you think you Everlast or Rung Fu POO welder ( whatever) is going to outlast a Lincoln or a Miller Multiprocess you need to come down from outer space and get a reality check. The Millers or Lincoln are good for 6000-10000 hours service free, and the chinese junk ( YES JUNK!!!!!!!!!) is good for 5 min to five months occasional use.
    Don't compare $500 dollar welders to industrial rated quality machines, you sound like an *** and and idiot.

And if you need quality machine on a budget buy used Miller 304 about $1100 t $1200 used.

So this is after seven machines AND you had to pay shipping?? You got screwed for 4.5 years and you are happy? You have not put any time on these machines either. Is the replacement welder refurbished or BRAND NEW?

I hope this is the last of your drama with them.

Why did you pay shipping?
    Tim Beeker.

Quote Originally Posted by scotts_enterprises View Post
    I did not start this thread as a way for the pro welders to boast about how great their Red, Blue, and orange welder is and how thet spent 3 to 5 thousand dollars I don't have. It's just not constructive and we all have read it in most every post you guys make. We all know that the Red, Blue, and Orange. Guys make great tools.

The reason for this thread is to give credit where credit is do. Welder #5 and Plasma #2
    are both working as they should. And for the price of mid line blue or red welder I can handle most any welding and fab job my beat up body can do.

The guys at Everlast did what they said they would do. I'm happy with that.Would I buy from them again most likely. If they sold something I needed for the right price.

China inverter welders are hear to stay. All the big boys are going to offer them. Because they are smaller lighter and weld better Than a transformer type welder. And the parts are going to come from china because we are no longer the leader in electronics.

No offense to you but this statement is what the "pros" are choking on. how much money and time do you have invested in 5 welders and 2 plasmas? Shipping and down time are costly. besides the simple and obvious fact that at least for the sum total of 7 machines they were highly unreliable. so the odds as far as you are concerned are 1 in 8 machines might work as advertized. Please understand I am NOT bashing you. I am wanting to demonstrate why the "pros" have trouble with the green box.

I am very glad you are happy and would journey down the path you are traveling. as for me, I too have a green box. only mine is a darker green and says L-Tec. I also have red and blue machines. even at home when I need a welder I can't rely on 1 in 8 chances something is going to work. I was welding in the front yard till wee hours trying to get my exhaust fixed. Rust and little children standing on the tailpipe using it as a step do bad things for exhaust. I needed my welder to work so I didn't have any real down time.

I recently bought an everlast welder and am pretty happy with it. I originally wanted a diversion 180 but me having a child with autism half of my money I had put up had to go toward a bill for her. I received the first machine and it would loose its arc, I to this day feel it was something I was doing wrong being a beginner at tig welding. I contacted Oleg and they sent me a return label. After talking with Oleg he sent me out one of their newer models of my machine which is a dual voltage (120-220) machines and it's been working trouble free from day one. I think after practicing on this machine I may purchase a miller dynasty next, because I do like millers products. My local weld supply was just joking the other day when I told him that he needs a layaway program.
    Will Supports Autism Awareness
    My Toys
    BobCat 225 PLus
    Millermatic 130
    Miller Spectrum 300 Cutmate
    Everlast Power Tig 185 Micro

April is Autism Month .

Any reason why this has not been moved to the Everlast forum??? I ran out of popcorn
    4 Sale: GoWeld $395obo
    Demo machine: AHP200X
    MM350P w/ Spoolmatic 30A
    ESAB 300AVS
    Everlast PowerTig 185
    ESAB 875 plasma
    Evo 355. OA

it's still open and in this location because, so far, the dialogue has been biased against everlast. if it had otherwise it would have been shut down or moved.

zap!!!!!! lol

Tic Tic Tic Tic Tic Tic Tic Tic Tic

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

Professional Driver on a closed course....
    Do not attempt.

Biased against? I thought he liked his welder. He even said he would purchase another. It seems you need to read better.