finding an arcone falcon
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

finding an arcone falcon

Or at least a picture of one...

Hi gang,
    I want to buy a graduation gift for my son. His goal is to be a nuclear welder. I want to buy him a helmet to get him off on the right foot. My research has led me to the arcone falcon as having the best response time, the best vision, the best (least) coloring and etc...
    I want a helmet that will cover everything that may be thrown his way without screaming "His dad must have bought him that helmet" .

Anyway, I can't find a picture of what one looks like much less where to find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks in advance...
    GTN

Re: finding an arcone falcon

Quote Originally Posted by garythenuke View Post
    Or at least a picture of one...

Hi gang,
    I want to buy a graduation gift for my son. His goal is to be a nuclear welder. I want to buy him a helmet to get him off on the right foot. My research has led me to the arcone falcon as having the best response time, the best vision, the best (least) coloring and etc...
    I want a helmet that will cover everything that may be thrown his way without screaming "His dad must have bought him that helmet" .

Anyway, I can't find a picture of what one looks like much less where to find one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks in advance...
    GTN
    .....uummmhhh...apparently you haven't tried google.
    Blackbird

Fat Bastard for President-2016

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Actually I did.
    I spent quite a bit of time on google, and only came here as a LAST resort.
    I found one place that sells them, but they had no picture.
    Sorry to bother you dave.

Miller bobcat 225g - spoolmatic 1
    Mm250 - 30a spool
    Miller spectrum 375
    Thermal arc 95
    Everlast Ex 250

As the boiler turns, these are the days of our lives

Thanks. I spent a ton of time on the ArcOne site. I found the Visions, Pythons, Carerras, Hawks, and Eagles. But no falcons. I think I'm leaning towards a Miller Elite anyway now.

Inlove my elite
    Miller bobcat 225g - spoolmatic 1
    Mm250 - 30a spool
    Miller spectrum 375
    Thermal arc 95
    Everlast Ex 250

As the boiler turns, these are the days of our lives

Love my Arcone x540v lens in my Jackson shadow
    Miller trailblazer 325
    Miller 12rc
    Miller Xmt 304
    Thermal arc hefty II
    Thermal dynamics Cutmaster 52

Miller Xmt 304
    Miller s22p12
    Miller Millermatic 250
    Miller legend

I loved my Phillips aethermal lense before it got busted by someone on the other shift at work (bastard still hasn't manned up to admitting doing it, not sure who it was, but an appology would have at least been nice!) I ordered one for giggles and was impressed...and then it got crunched a few months after, so I should probably order a few more! Fortunately the big dent in the aluminum lense holder of my huntsman was easy to hammer out!

My arc one fixed shade auto lense that fits into a regular helmet has done me well, especially for fitting. If your son is going to do a lot of mig hardwire or fitting, it can't be beat! It conked out a few weeks ago, but that could be that...err...I keep it in a metal box when not using it!

When I buy a helmet, I factor in weight and durability as well as "does this work for me?"

But if arc one variable auto's are anything like their fixed shade auto's, they will be good for your son. And best of luck for him, if he puts the hours in, he will go far if he keeps his eyes set on his goal and takes the bad with the good, listens to those with more experience (with discression, of course!) and generally keeps on, he will reach his goal.
    Last edited by mb_welder; 05-04-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks mb. I appreciate the encouragement. I'll pass it along to the kid. It'll probably mean more coming from someone else. He's 17, so I'm barely smart enough to bring home food money.
    I hope to get smarter in the next few years....

I think you are smarter than you present yourself! The only way to learn how to do something is to do it! You've raised a son to the age of 17 who is interested in learning a trade! When I was 17, I didn't have a clue. When I was 18, I went to a fine arts college...and in the end, having had the experience with welding during fine arts, I questioned "Do I want to be a fed welder or a starving artist?" I love art, don't get me wrong! I enjoy making art, but an artist needs to eat!

And a funny story relating to fine arts...I welded a chair together (oxy, fuel!), and grabbed a clamp bare handed...that was hot..."OW!" Two medics showed up with an oxygen bottle a few minutes later...That was awkward!

When people ask me "Why did you become a welder?"

I answer, "Because I burned my hand on a clamp (non scarring) in Art School!" The reactions are priceless.

Here I found a picture of a falcon:
    http://www.xdsupply.com/index.php/re...list/id/80316/

And a link here to a different looking one:
    http://www.safetyonline.com/doc.mvc/...ng-Helmet-0001

I'm guessing the falcon is discontinued. Perhaps, replaced by the eagle or hawk:
    http://www.arc1weldsafe.com/other-helmets.html