My dream shop :) - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: My dream shop :)

cofeeeeee!!!!!!:d:d:d nice one Shox.....
    Last edited by ironheart_ram; 05-04-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
    Hard for me to resist this kind of thread. I spent a lot of time getting my little garage to where it could be useful as a shop that I could mess up and then get back to clean in a short amount of time.

Since I'm just a weekender when it comes to fabrication, carpentry and car work, I can keep it clean more often than it's a mess.

It's clean for the pictures, at least.

But it gets messy, for long stretches:

Ten days ago, I learned how to make a website and made one for the garage. So if you want to take a little tour...

http://www.12-gaugegarage.com
    Um your shop, and that Porsche make me feel ... funny.

LOL.

So. Hot.
    My uncle had a 1986 911 930... TT. One of the faster cars I had ever ridden in at the time, as it had been modified. Such a great feeling car, too bad I wasn't old enough to drive it
    Joe
    Miller 140 Autoset (2010)
    Miller Syncrowave 250 (1996)

Mick, like the set up. How big is that anvil ? I noticed in your third picture to the right of the
    steel rack a cut out design, what is it ?? I was wondering if you are now making jewelery too? That's gonna need a big chain ! and it will be heavy hangin on your neck !

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Mick, like the set up. How big is that anvil ? I noticed in your third picture to the right of the
    steel rack a cut out design, what is it ?? I was wondering if you are now making jewelery too? That's gonna need a big chain ! and it will be heavy hangin on your neck !

Hey BD1....Anvil is a Hay Budden 140lb, cast in Brooklyn NY about 1902....I wouldn't part with it for love or money.
    The steel design is one I purchased on a vector art CD....real popular piece, can be a tree or coral, whatever takes your fancy.
    I leave sheets of 3mm steel out to weather before plasma cutting on my Samson table.
    That one was cut for our home but, it created so much interest, I now leave it at the shop....I'll get around to hanging it up one day.....
    CIG 320SP pulse mig
    Mitech ACDC315P
    Samson 510 CNC plasma table
    Hypertherm 85
    Etc, etc,etc.

"You don't stop laughing when you get old....You get old when you stop laughing".

These are two guys garage's from The HAMB and the Garage Journel,second one is a guy tha goes by KIWIKEV... some of you may have seen these all ready...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Lincoln pro mig 180
    Lincoln Square Wave Tig 300/wp 20/home built water cooler
    Victor, Purox, Harris, O/A welding/cutting setups
    Vintage Craftsman drill press
    Vintage Craftsman/Atlas 12"x 36'' lathe
    7''x 12'' w/c band saw
    Everlast 140 st

Man wood flooring?! That'd can't be easy to work on!

Jack that shop is great - I have seend it on Garage journal.
    Miller Diversion 180
    Hobart Handler 140 (Soon to be replaced with Miller 211?)
    Miller Spectrum 625 Extreme

KiwiKev's awesome shop... these are my dream shops
    Lincoln pro mig 180
    Lincoln Square Wave Tig 300/wp 20/home built water cooler
    Victor, Purox, Harris, O/A welding/cutting setups
    Vintage Craftsman drill press
    Vintage Craftsman/Atlas 12"x 36'' lathe
    7''x 12'' w/c band saw
    Everlast 140 st

Thanks Demon Speeder for those. I never saw the wood floor ones. I like the copper street ells on the carbs. He must know someone for those. They must 3", kinda costly today. Nice idea on the miter work bench too. Thanks again.

If you have never seen this thread, you must. I believe the poster set up machine shops for a living and now restores cars in his retirement. It's amazing.

OldCarGuy Garage
    Millermatic 200
    Hobart Handler 120
    Victor O/A & Ramco Bandsaw
    Lincoln 225 AC
    SnapOn AD Hood
    Miller XMT304/22A
    Hypertherm Powermax 1650 G3
    Lincoln Idealarc DC600 w/Extreme 12 VS
    Miller Digital Elite "Joker"

I like these kinds of threads.

Check these out
    http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/sh...-Garage-Thread

You might have to register to veiw this one but, its worth it.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4374

. . . I like the copper street ells on the carbs. He must know someone for those. . . .
    Curiously expounding on the side-note... why do you say he must know someone, aren't the copper "els" common plumbing items?

-------
    Pardon the interruption, please carry on with the dream shops
    Last edited by denrep; 05-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Great shops! And since I finally got some of mine loaded on the the computer, I can show too!
    It's 25x 50' , 2 story. Full height metal shop up front, 20x15 wood shop and 20x10 paint room. 2nd floor for storage above the wood/paint rooms. Walls are plywood. Fully insulated. 200 amp service. Metal roof and exterior cladding. Traded a client some work to have him polish the concrete floors. Makes sweeping easy. 10x10 barn doors. I'm super happy and fortunate to have it. Still needs landscaping. Going to make some sculptures for outside. Anyhow, here we go......
    #1- finger brake work in progress
    #2 - view from the 2nd floor, not arranged like this anymore. Better now.
    #3- metal racks and chopsaw bench in one. Exhaust fan behind the saw.
    Last edited by bert the welder; 05-05-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    200amp Air Liquide MIG, Hypertherm Plasma, Harris torches, Optrel helmet, Makita angle grinders, Pre-China Delta chop saw and belt sander, Miller leathers, shop made jigs etc, North- welders backpack.

More.....

#1- welding table
    #2- chop saw stop fence
    #3- two different blues.
    #4- table hanging rail. Note the West Coast camo paint job on the table leg!!!
    Last edited by bert the welder; 05-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    200amp Air Liquide MIG, Hypertherm Plasma, Harris torches, Optrel helmet, Makita angle grinders, Pre-China Delta chop saw and belt sander, Miller leathers, shop made jigs etc, North- welders backpack.

More......
    #1- 1/3rd of the jig collection
    #2- paint room. Put in new over head rails just yesterday. There are four now and they hang down 24" to make them easier to reach( 10' ceiling) Exhaust fan at the back.
    #3- wood room in progress. Since this pic I've put in full cab's on the right hand wall with the chop saw bench on top and cab's over that. Propane tank bird has since been repainted white w/ red tail and yellow legs, mounted at the bottom of the driveway.
    #4- Shop mascot.
    Last edited by bert the welder; 05-05-2012 at 07:47 PM.

and still more....

#1- wood ridge...because a 50' i beam wasn't gonna fit up the driveway.
    #2- covered area in front of the shop
    #3- metal shop, much better organized now.
    #4- bending table. Various dia. pipe slices to bend around. All jigs fit on this table. Holes are on 2" centers.
    Last edited by bert the welder; 05-05-2012 at 08:14 PM.

That is very nice, like having a wood shop as well as the metal shop.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

(2)Lincoln 225AC/DC portables, Miller Syncrowave 300, miller sidekick,Lincoln Idealarc 250,Miller 251 Mig, Miller 30A spool gun, Hende lathe, Horizontal bandsaw, pora band ,14FT enclosed trailer.SA200's

[QUOTE=denrep;1122941]Curiously expounding on the side-note... why do you say he must know someone, aren't the copper "els" common plumbing items?

Yes , the 3''or 4" street copper 45's are common. The cost of them is why I said he must know someone. I would say they are about $50.00 each. Kind of expensive , but I guess what he has invested ,whats another $100.00.

Bert the welder, Great setup. That table top looks pretty thick. Like the bird , looks like you used a expansion tank for the body. Very creative, neat, organized ,and extremely functional. Great job.

Thanks! Top is 1" thick. 9"x 48" sections with a 5/8" space between each for clamping. Got the plates for $20 each as miss cuts.
    Tank is a regular 20lb. propane tank.

Bert the welder, Great setup. That table top looks pretty thick. Like the bird , looks like you used a expansion tank for the body. Very creative, neat, organized ,and extremely functional. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by sqznby View Post
    I like these kinds of threads.

Check these out
    http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/sh...-Garage-Thread

You might have to register to veiw this one but, its worth it.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4374
    neat stuff,but these are classic examples of the "MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS CLUB"those places are museums not shops "BIG DIFFERENCE" if you'll notice there are no tools or machinery to build or fix anything cool stuff but these are not shops.

Hey Bert, nice shop, I like your I-Beam solution, but I think you have a nasty spider infestation - lol
    "Never trust anything you read on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by bert the welder View Post
    and still more....

#1- wood ridge...because a 50' i beam wasn't gonna fit up the driveway.
    #2- covered area in front of the shop
    #3- metal shop, much better organized now.
    #4- bending table. Various dia. pipe slices to bend around. All jigs fit on this table. Holes are on 2" centers.
    Hi Bert..your shop looks busy i like the big bird sculpture..the ostrich and oh i saw beers in the box and there's 1 more left unopened.....

your workshop is great thanks a lot for sharing to us

MARIO

Oh come on, you'd have one to if you made $10m a year! And if you had a garage like this, for cars like this, you'd be able to afford built in storage for any tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ct from shawnee View Post
    neat stuff,but these are classic examples of the "MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS CLUB"those places are museums not shops "BIG DIFFERENCE" if you'll notice there are no tools or machinery to build or fix anything cool stuff but these are not shops.

You're not kidding. There bite is worse than their bark!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkNotMarc View Post
    Hey Bert, nice shop, I like your I-Beam solution, but I think you have a nasty spider infestation - lol

Thanks!!!
    Just a replaced cap on an empty to tease you with Local micro brew. " Philip's" fantastic beverages. Comes in a mixed box of 12 including 4 bottles of his mystery beer of the season. I'll have one on hand if you get up this way!!

Quote Originally Posted by ironheart_ram View Post
    Hi Bert..your shop looks busy i like the big bird sculpture..the ostrich and oh i saw beers in the box and there's 1 more left unopened.....

your workshop is great thanks a lot for sharing to us

MARIO