Mr tig???
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr tig???

Mr tig???

So, even if you don't sign up for advertising & you place all your stuff in the public domain, YouTube still sends you notices of subscribers & gives you a channel (what????).

I follow one fella's links to see what he's watching and BAM! MR TIG... I gotta see this... Part2 is all I've seen so far.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02U0H15_WEg[/ame]

Think I'll log out and watch a bit.

Matt

OH! And I saw the stuff I've linked in my own threads now say "As shown on Welding Web". (that's creepy but maybe cool, I just dunno).

Re: Mr tig???

Yea, some videos are great, but the welds are not that good. There should be nice looking golden weld, not grey... ...also weld bead is not great either. I think, we have few better welders here on weldingweb.

I want to see him do that out of position hanging upside down.
    Disclaimer; "I am just an a$$hole welder, don't take it personally ."

The weld was under filled and looked cold.
    Millermatic 251
    Miller Bobcat 225
    Lincoln 135
    Victor Oxy/Fuel
    Older Thermal Dynamics 50 amp (paid $700 with 10 sets of consumables)

Ummmmmm

Yeah.

Whatever.

...zap!

I am not completely insane..
    Some parts are missing

I have figured out that keeping everyone happy is nearly impossible but pissing people off is easy and fun.

He is moving pretty slow.....
    Tim Beeker.

Quote Originally Posted by zapster View Post
    Ummmmmm

Yeah.

Whatever.

...zap!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yup
    LA City Certified Structural
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    TigWeld 250
    Smith Gas Mixer AR/H
    Lincoln 140c
    Tig is my Kung Fu
    Throwing down dimes and weaving about
    Welding Engineer
    Instagram http://instagram.com/weldor_wes

I haven't watched enough to comment, though it appears he hasn't been sweating in the shop much. I've been known to get that appears thing wrong though...

I'm wondering if he's somehow sponsored maybe public education? I think if it were Lincoln the production would have been a bit better maybe. But the graphics and production are better than basement quality.

None the less, when you call yourself "Mr Tig" or "Dr. Torch" (or anything similar) you better have some game 'cause everyone's gonna comment if you don't.

Matt

looks like he gave some good information, laid down a suitable weld and likely won't break. But I know if you're teaching welding you have to be the best welder in the world to be worthy around here. I mean seriously guys, if you're trying to learn the basics of stainless tube welding thats a decent video. As for the welding hanging upside down and out of position, give me a brake man. yes i do sympathize with you because i do the same when i'm on site. But being able to weld out of position doesn't make you the greatest in the world.

Its two different worlds, if you work in a fab shop what the hell would you need to know how to do that for anyway? Is this dude the best, no, is he the worst, far from it.
    ESAB MigMaster 275
    Miller Econotwin HF
    Miller Syncrowave 250

Mr. Tig = Wyatt Swain.

Kind of a self proclaimed "expert" that works with and for Lincoln. Travels the show circuit, does some questionable repairs, overall a decent tig welder and nice guy ( however he didnt take me up on my offer to try gas welding at a show ). If you have ever seen the Lincoln guys in action at a trade show, its more like a circus than anything, lots of big mouths and little to back them up. They like to spew lots of "information" that of course casts their machines in a good light, after all they are salesmen.

thanks for posting the video but that guy is a huge joke. Only welding he does is bench welding with perfect surroundings and environment with supposedly "top of the line" equipment and he still doesn't weld that great....To justify his discoloration (grey in color) he has to clean it. Now lets see him weld show quality stainless headers or tanks and leave the color with out buffing it out.....
    Miller Dynasty 200
    Millermatic 211

Quote Originally Posted by tig_21 View Post
    Only welding he does is bench welding with perfect surroundings and environment with supposedly "top of the line" equipment and he still doesn't weld that great..

wow! look i'm not saying people working in the field aren't great welders, it takes A LOT to be able to weld in the environments we go to. But that is the WORST argument for a welder in the world. Just because someone doesn't do industrial welding in the sh!t so to speak doesn't mean their not a welder. I suppose people welding on space shuttles aren't welders since they work in pristine environments with the best money can buy.

This guy isn't the cats meow, but he isn't joe bob welding in the trailer park either. Come back down to earth people. Welding in a shop is still welding!

Before someone says something, I'm not a workbench welder.
    ESAB MigMaster 275
    Miller Econotwin HF
    Miller Syncrowave 250

He's not Dannyscam.
    Kemppi Pro Evolution 4200
    Kemppi 530 wire feed with MXE panel
    Cigweld TransTig 200 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PowerMax45
    CutSkill O/A setup
    Speedglas 9000x adflow
    Speedglas 9100xx
    2 Labs

All at home!

Latest video and post-weld photos.
    http://www.weld.com/index.php/mr-tig...me-moly-part-3

I found this old thread doing a google search for Mr. Tig....sorry for digging it up

I'm a big fan of Jay Leno's Garage, and this guy was just on it recently. Dude was pretty off on a lot of info. He held up a small(maybe 1/8) fillet weld and said that because it was tig welded it was stronger than 1/2 fillets done in other processes. WHAT?!? Also said that woman are getting into tig welding because it's "clean and precise" and "they" tend to be precise. WTF. Sexist and full of bad info.

In his defense(at least for his other vids), welding....even "bench welding" while being filmed isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. I'd still rather watch Jody do his thing than Mr. Tig.

I've never seen any of his vids.

Not all that into the whole Internet welding thing. I saw him at FABTECH but had no interest in meeting him. Just recognized him from youtube blurbs.

I believe Kevin Caron has done videos with him.

Dunno otherwise. When we were walking by weld.coms booth, I saw the CK display & made a beeline for it
    Dairy equipment repair, Welding machine repair, General all-around garage hack...

DynaSteve

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Maguire View Post

None the less, when you call yourself "Mr Tig" or "Dr. Torch" (or anything similar) you better have some game 'cause everyone's gonna comment if you don't.

Matt
    I was thinking "that sounds like that fieldres guy hahah! aint nobody comments on his stuff! hahah came across some stainless video and it seems like most of the comments on his channel are from him! lol Kevins got some pretty cool videos, mr tig reminds of a old "Mr Men" character.. if anyone remembers them http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Mr._Tickle.jpg

[QUOTE=Power of Blue;3444001]I was thinking "that sounds like that fieldres guy hahah! aint nobody comments on his stuff! hahah came across some stainless video and it seems like most of the comments on his channel are from him!

Dude you really shouldn't bust chops about fieldres aka ww member thorton. That guy is one hell of a pipe weldor. He may have some ways of doing things in his videos that might seem wrong to someone who doesn't know much about the trade. However they're aren't many guys that could carry his lunchbox in his discipline of work. Comparing Mr. Tig to him is a insult to fieldres.
    Last edited by sbchp355; 12-22-2013 at 02:29 AM.

I know, I was just going for a cheap laugh was all: they're both really good, it was a little humor I thought up and just wanted to share it even though I knew better. :S

Quote Originally Posted by sbchp355 View Post
    [QUOTE=Power of Blue;3444001]I was thinking "that sounds like that fieldres guy hahah! aint nobody comments on his stuff! hahah came across some stainless video and it seems like most of the comments on his channel are from him!

Dude you really shouldn't bust chops about fieldres aka ww member thorton. That guy is one hell of a pipe weldor. He may have some ways of doing things in his videos that might seem wrong to someone who doesn't know much about the trade. However they're aren't many guys that could carry his lunchbox in his discipline of work. Comparing Mr. Tig to him is a insult to fieldres.
    He's a very talented guy.

He's also nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake

Some of his vids made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants.
    Dairy equipment repair, Welding machine repair, General all-around garage hack...

DynaSteve

I like to wire wheel my stainless pipe to remove the oxides prior to welding. Then another wire wheel right after welding to polish the weld.
    His welding looks fine to me. The inside of the tube looks great.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table
    I.A.M. Local 771
    Ironworkers Local 720

Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding

Cami knows best !
    Bubble gum
    Tooth pix
    Duct tape
    Black glue
    GBMF hammer
    Screw gun --bad battery (see above)

Not that it makes much difference on this forum but Wyatt used to work at the skunk works plant on the sr71.

Saw the photos on his office wall.
    From the desk of Kevin Caron

Where the answers are stranger than the questions.
    www.kevincaron.com

AHP Alpha Tig 200x
    MillerMatic 250
    Miller Syncrowave 200

Quote Originally Posted by kevinacaron View Post
    Not that it makes much difference on this forum but Wyatt used to work at the skunk works plant on the sr71.

Saw the photos on his office wall.
    That is nice, but these days he spends his time pushing goods.

He was banned here for spamming. Throwing in a casual comment for advertising purposes. Then he became associated with weld.com. Weld.com did the same, posting some stupid useless or even wrong comment to further their advertising. Not much different than the sponsored forum folks have done, and they were stopped.

I am sure Wyatt is a likable guy. I just think he wears goggles with dollar signs on them. Even before he was banned I warned him about spamming. It did no good.
    "Nothing welded, nothing gained."
    Miller Dynasty700DX, 3 ea. Dynasty350DX, Dynasty280DX,Dynasty200DX, ThermalArc 400 GTSW, MillerMatic350P, MillerMatic200 with spoolgun, MKCobraMig260, Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm 1250, Hypertherm800

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.

Who the he!! is Mr tig? I thought Zap, B_C, and shovelon were the Mr tigs!
    Dynasty 300.
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    SG Spool gun

LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200.
    5 SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.