craftsman welder ???
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

craftsman welder ???

i traded some old junk stuff for a AC arc welder made by craftsman. i can not find any information on it at all. it is old, i do not no how old and thats why i am asking for help. it says on the front.... AC Arc Welder,Craftsman Limited Input, model number 113.20261 Code H5. as i said, i no that it is old, but the guy said it works great. it has about 16 plugs for chaging the amps and it has a torch type welding stinger with it that has copper rods attached. i just want some information. thank you.

Re: craftsman welder ???

Got any pictures? It sounds like you have a carbon arc torch rather than a stinger. The carbon rods are often copper coated so that maybe why they appear to be copper.

thats excatly what it called. i was trying to think of the name of it but i couldnt.what is it, and what is the difference? i read the book and im thinkin that it is a stick welder, but i can also use it like torch welding. i have the stinger as well as the other piece with the two copper coated rods.i also made a mistake, it only has 10 plugs.
    Name:  craftsman.jpg
Views: 2746
Size:  67.7 KB
    Last edited by minitrucker; 07-21-2007 at 11:37 PM.

The carbon arc torch is for heating and brazing. If you have an oxy/ acetylene torch set up you'll probably never use the carbon arc torch. Theres nothing wrong with the old multi tap machines, just takes a little more effert to change settings. Get some 6013 ot 7014 rod and go to town. When get good at running one of those rods in the flat position get some 6011 for out of position welding.

That's a beauty! Still has the original manual too?

Buzz box with "limited input" What's that all about??

I'll bet it welds like a new one. Don't let it get away.

Thanks for posting it.

Made by Emerson Electric Co. for Sears Roebuck Co. Have no idea how old it is, but Sears still list parts for it on there website(sears.com) Goto parts and type in your Model#.
    Clarke 130EN C25
    Lincoln 225 AC Stick(1968)
    Smith O/A Rig
    HF 4X6 Red Bandsaw
    Black & Decker Pro Chopsaw
    16 Speed Drill Press
    Speedglas XL Helmet
    Harbor Freight Stuff

Hey I had one like that I let my BIL have it a couple years ago. Welded several years with it. Probably made in the 60's.
    Do you have a full size pic?
    Doing what I like

Thumbs up Re: craftsman welder ???

I believe miller used similar sockets and plugs for the Roughneck generators several years ago.

minitrucker, are you sure that's one of the Emerson machines? I know Emerson made Sears branded welders in the '70s and '80s, and my first welder was an Emerson-built 295A buzzbox. But I don't know how far back Emerson was selling to Sears, and that picture looks like something Forney might have built, way back. They worked fine.

Pretty sure thats a AC/DC Forney Green is AC, Red is DC, you just plug your individual cables into the individual sockets (Taps) for the amps your require.

If you pull the side covers off, there still may be a wireing diagram, it'll day who made it on the bottom of the diagram