Bluerock pipe beveling machine
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Bluerock pipe beveling machine

I searched before I posted this, lets just get this straight. Blue rock netted a lot of results, dont really have the time or motivation to go through them, bluerock netted none.

As a rig welder, with less than a year experience and with wanting to get certified 6g without going to a school (10 years mig), I chose to buy the blue rock off Ebay, rather then buy the masseys? that are 2300. I chose to buy this machine merely to build coupons for practice..

It took a little getting used to, and I have only used it with my plasma which likes to shut off when the cup gets unscrewed, and also the fixture to hold the cup or torch needs to be flipped around and get all weird style to make it work with just putting the plasma cup in the mount.

For what its worth the machine does its job, but does require about foot of standoff, and it is heavy, it IS top heavy and will tip a pipe on stands unless it is more then 4 feet long. I just received it today, and got after some 8 inch pipe. The machine comes with an OA torch, so all you need is regs and bottles, but the collet does fit my plasma and well I dont have an OA setup.

The heavy part I was describing earlier was not a problem as far as getting it on the pipe to run, its that once the machine because just a tad horizontal it wants to go fast. Getting the machine to climb with the levers and worm drive isn't as easy as cutting butter with a hot knife, but it will do it, just not when you are also holding your other hand on the plasma trigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    13'Burntables 5x10 CNC Table
    14' SAE300 HE on a 12' Ram 4500 60 CA 4x4. Custom bed/bottles/reels.
    87' SA250d, 78 SA200,11' Ranger 250 GXT AC/DC
    Hobart 180 mig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    12' Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    08' LN25

If you don't mind me asking what did it set you back? Seems a bit much just for coupons but then that's from a guy who is not exactly a professional but more a hobbyists.

Good luck
    God speed
    Happy welding
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Re: Bluerock pipe beveling machine

I think it was 594 shipped. Gotta search good buddy. If not here than ebay. This tool is a lot cheaper than trade school around these parts, and then I still have the tool. Atleast thats how i look at it.
    13'Burntables 5x10 CNC Table
    14' SAE300 HE on a 12' Ram 4500 60 CA 4x4. Custom bed/bottles/reels.
    87' SA250d, 78 SA200,11' Ranger 250 GXT AC/DC
    Hobart 180 mig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    12' Lincoln Precision Tig 225
    08' LN25