Sp-130t
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Sp-130t

Sp-130t

I just got a new gun for my welder and I dont remember where some cables go... (I took it apart in an attempt to fix it). Theres a Positive and Negative post insde the welder, the negative I assume goes to the ground clamp but the positive I dont see anywhere for it to go and all I have is a short 6" jumper wire that I took off the welder. Does anyone know where this needs to go?

Re: Sp-130t

um, I am completely unfamiliar with that type of welder, but I am assuming that it might be a wire welder, in which case the short jumper wire would connect somewhere around the driverolls and/or wirefeeding unit.

Check the owner's manual. Page 9 and 10.

Lost it or can't find it? Get a copy from the Lincoln website. Here is the page to get a copy of the manual in PDF format:

http://www.mylincolnelectric.com/Cat...et.asp?p=32536

Just what I needed!! Thanks

My welder just isnt working very good. I have the wire speed all the way up and when I start welding it sounds like it isnt feeding enough wire and it sounds like an odd sizzling noise. Not like the nice flowing mig egg cooking sound... I keep spending money on it and it just doesnt work.. I have work I need to get done and this is holding me back. Maybe I should just get a new one....

The correct wire speed depends on the correct voltage and the correct wire size based on the work thickness.

Maxing out the wire speed on al machine doesn't work. You have to have the correct voltage and wire speed for the wire diameter. Check the machine's setting's chart inside the door or in the manual (Page 25). The SP-130T lists E-8/E-10 max for 0.023 solid wire, but E-6/E-7.5 max for 0.030 solid wire.