Lincoln Invertec V300 pro on Ebay - Page 2
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Lincoln Invertec V300 pro on Ebay

I live in Ft Gibson, the guy that is selling the welder is I think lives halfway between here and Tahlequah, which is about 30 miles form here. What I usually do when I bid on stuff on Ebay is I do a search, then where it gives u the option to look for items within a certain distance from you, I usually select the items closest to me unless the shipping is not outrageous. I did a search from my area code, which is 74434, and found this guy was in my area code. Dont have a clue as to who the guy is, he said he moved here from Ft Smith Ark so I wouldnt know who this guy is. I was just simply asking if this welder was worth it or not and from everything I found out about the welder is that it is a 1~ and 3~ machine. Would not matter to me, because I have 3! in my shop also, but since its so small and portable, if my dad wanted to use it, he would be able to use it also since he does not have 3~. If you feel you need to slide this thread to the for sale section, thats your call, will not affect me one way or the other. I just wanted to know if it was a good price since I have never dealt with one of these machines. If I did anything wrong, I am sorry. But for everyone that has responded and posted good questions, I thank you! I was wondering myself it was in fact a 3~ only machine, and now I have proof that it is. Thanks Smithboy, and David R, you were alot of help to me. Micro, all you had to do is ask for my IP and I would have given it to you, but like I said, if you have the need to put this in the for sale section, thats your call. Thank you guys for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by phila.renewal
    Looking at the rating plate, if you look at the lower right corner of it, it says "see operating manual for 1 phase operation."

Just sayin . . . .
    Yep...I missed that altogether and only saw it when you pointed it out. I couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I am just glad some of you folks were here to fix my error. I hate providing bad info, and mine was definately bad in this case. And, if the guy that's selling the welder is a member here...my appologies.
    Smithboy...
    if it ain't broke, you ain't tryin'.

Tahleqauh is area code 74464 and 74465. Next time please post in the for sale section, as opposed to, multiple posting the ebay ad. Thanks.
    John
    - fabricator extraordinaire, car nut!
    - bleeding Miller blue!

http://www.weldfabzone.com

Tahlequah is roughly 26 miles from here. my parents live 3 miles from tahlequah and they have a zip of 74434. Like I said, the welder is not mine, if it were, I would have put it in the for sale forum, I was just asking a question about it. It does not matter though. I got all the info I needed about the welder that I was asking. Thanks for your concern though.

So, how much if we want to buy the welder through this site instead of eBay?

The welder isnt for sale on here, I just made a thread to ask if the welder was worth it or not, since the welder is for sale in the same county that I live it people are assuming its mine. Not mine, you would have to bid on it through Ebay I assume, unless you bid on it outside ebay which is agains ebay policy. But you will have to take it up with the lady that is selling it on there.

Oh, I thought someone mentioned they'd checked the IP addresses and they matched...

Quote Originally Posted by ftgokie
    This is the switch from behind the side cover where you can switch it from 200-230V and from 380-460V....So this IS the SINGLE AND 3 PHASE Machine. Not trying to bash anyone especially the moderators, but just clarifying what this machine is.
    I guess I am confused. How did you get that picture of the inside of the machine?

David
    Real world weldin.

When I grow up I want to be a tig weldor.

That was one of the pictures I was emailed from them.

When I saved the item in my watch list, It lists ftgokie as the seller.

David
    Real world weldin.

User ID Effective Date End Date

tr1nalou Sep-03-07 Present

ftgokie Aug-29-04 Sep-03-07

Not any more David, this guy just don't give up...LOL
    Anything worth doing is worth doing RIGHT

I guess we are all idiots.

I know there are a lot of forums that would ban members over something like this...

The nice thing about having smart members is that they do a very good job of discouraging misuse...
    Last edited by smithboy; 09-11-2007 at 07:59 PM.
    Smithboy...
    if it ain't broke, you ain't tryin'.

I own 2, the same exact machine and it is a single or three phase unit, I also have the Cobramatic feeder and the Cobra push/pull gun. The gun alone is 1800.00 bucks. and one is for sale. anyone that might be interested can e-mail me at fabman_52@yahoo.com. Anyway these are very smooth machines.
    Thanks, George.
    If I Can't Weld It!-----It Can't Be Welded!

alright, first off sorry to bring back this thread from the dead, but when i searched it actually had alot of good info that i was looking for which helped answer alot of my questions, so i figured for future searchers sake, lets add to it.
    first, i have been looking for a good tig welder for the last 2 months religiously. Have come very close to pulling the trigger a few times, but im picky and want a good deal. well i just ran across a invertec 300 pro that is local to me (<45mins) and emailed them and got some more pictures.
    it also comes with a ln-7 wire feeder, new gun, some stick and leads
    my question is, is there a number i can get from them to go on lincolns website and download the correct owners manual for this machine?

also, i asked and they said this was a three phase machine, so naturally i wanted to check and see if they were right, and had them email me pics of the spec plate and the inside panel. here they are
    http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik...a5ee5d1260ea45

thanks guys i appreciate it.

forgot to mention that i want this to be single phase. i am assuming that is what that "breaker" switch is for. that it runs one phase 208-230 and 3~phase 360-460v

also if this is single phase, can someone recommend a good tig torch to match with this unit, i dont think this one comes with one.

The Invertec 300's had oodles of problems, best wait for a 350 to pop up....

Your linky no worky. Lots of V250-S, I have one and love it.

Get the code #, then go to lincoln's website. You will find the manual there. Almost ALL invertec's are 3 phase or single Phase.

David
    Real world weldin.

the number is 10256. i went and looked at it and it appears to be in good shape. comes with regulator, some extra rod, ln-7 wirefeeder with a full spool of wire, new tweaco mig gun and one other gun. ill fix the pictures in a bit

I happened on something from Weld plus and here is what Tom sent me in email:
    Pricing for a Lincoln Invertec V-300 Pro Complete TIG Welding Package is below.

AC-850590 Lincoln Invertec V-300 Pro
    300 Amps @ 60% duty cycle
    208-230/460 Volts
    1 or 3-phase
    Inverter CC/CV power supply
    Multi-Process

He says it is single OR THREE phase. The man deals in selling used welders and is not some fly by night ebayer or chinese reseller ect...I am going to go with Tom on this one..Although I do plan on contacting Lincoln to be sure.

'Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MicroZone View Post
    So, ftgokie - what is going on here?

I've traced your IP address, so an explanation might be in order for these folks that were trying to help and you're misdirecting.

If you simply wanted to sell it, this post will be re-directed to the for sale section.
    Micro, how can you see the ip address?

Quote Originally Posted by ftgokie View Post
    There is a lincoln invertec v 300 pro n ebay. if this a good buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=019
    Hello my name is Greg I just purchased a V300 for my garage at home. This machine will run on 220 BUT!!! it needs 69 amps just to start up. The manual recommends an 85 amp breaker. So it looks like I will have to put a 100 amp in or attach a sub panel

Hello my name is Greg I just bought a V300 for my garage. This machine will run on 220 BUT!!! it needs 69 amps for start up power at 220, so I need to find a 100 amp that will plug into my panel box, or put in a sub panel