Tweco VS Dinse
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Tweco VS Dinse

Tweco VS Dinse

Hey folks, I'm checking out some new lightweight inverters for jobsite use. The Tweco connectors were the industry standard for decades but I'm seeing a Dinse connector option on some of the new stuff. Usage will be mostly carbon with stick and SS with tig. What I'm asking is what is the current industry standard. What do you folks mostly see on the big jobsites...Tweco or Dinse ?? Thanks
    Anything worth doing is worth doing RIGHT

Re: Tweco VS Dinse

i think tweco is more popular, but i think the european dinse may last longer. i myself am contemplating the same issue, im confused on whether to get a cst 280 or a bigger multiprocess machine. i use mainly stick. what machines are you thinking of getting ?

It doesn't make a difference, in my opinion. The DINSE have a more positive lock until the tang snaps off and they don't hold at all, whereas the tweeco loosen up, but you can spread the ends to get better contact.

If you have a bunch of investment in one style, stick to it. Otherwise, I would go with what the machine has and call it a day. Maybe grab a couple adapters if you need to go back and forth.

Right now I'm looking at the CST 280, Dynasty 200DX and the V350 Pro...although the idea of dragging 80 some pounds of machine up and down stairs every day isn't very appealing.
    The DX or the 350 would be great but I think the 280 would get the job done ok. Still looking at manufacturers sheets, seeing whats available...as long as it isn't purple. Once I have an idea I'll see about setting up some demo's to get some hands on time.

I vote for the V350 pro only because I have one. It welds sweet. Stick soft, stick crisp tig, mig self shielded and gouge.......You can dial in any arc you want. It comes with dins. I even got the gas kit so the gas goes trough the dinse for my tig torch. Caution, its LOUD. Fan on all the time.

I don't know what you are using it for, but it will sure be big enough. Has nice handles, built kinda like a skid.

David
    Real world weldin.

When I grow up I want to be a tig weldor.

I would go Tweco, because thats what all my stuff is.
    Disclaimer; "I am just an a$$hole welder, don't take it personally ."

Thanks All...I've always used Tweco stuff so I'll just stick with it then.

hello everyone , i see you mention the cst 280 miller machine ,i looking for a electric machine to learn how to weld pipe.i need a machine that wont give a hard time wih 6010 rods 1/8-5/32 ,and 7010 rods up to 3/16 for capping , i work for a gas company,and all welds are x-rayed.my question is,which is better for pipe, the miller 280 or lincoln 275 invertec .i here there very simular machine but what is a easier machine for those 6010 rods and ajustments.

That would be a tough one for someone to answer. See if your LWS can set up a demo between the two so you can see for yourself. Let us know what you think of them.

you might want to look into the miller xmt, i've heard good things about them, the pipe-pro 304 has an xmt inverter built into in, not sure how that works.

Old Dad, all my stuff is Tweco, but have a Miller xmt 304 with Dinse, bought a set of adapters from the lws, made by Tewco, no probs. Used them for a while now. Been happy with the 304s also.

xmt looks good but it's overkill for what I'm looking for. And for the extra weight and $$$ I'd get the Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanB
    Old Dad, all my stuff is Tweco, but have a Miller xmt 304 with Dinse, bought a set of adapters from the lws, made by Tewco, no probs. Used them for a while now. Been happy with the 304s also.
    Thanks PlanB, guess some of the old technology hasn't been replaced yet. I gotta ask though, why do you use such a fancy machine, what are you welding ?

I like the portability and the fact that it will hook up to whatever power is avalible. I like to buy more machine than I need now and not have to upgrade later. I use it alot, probly more than any other welder I have. At 80lbs or so, its easy to move around if I cant get a engine drive to where I need to be. Runs a suitcase feeder well, tigs good with a foot control. I had a chance to use one before I bought this one, but have not used any of the Lincolns. As far as what type of welding, just have a small shop, me most of the time, so I try to take whatever comes up. Started one the website, should be up soon.