I'm working on a SA-250 serial # A-1120172 code 9327-P
It had not been run in several years and I now have it running, welding, and generating AC but...
By accident the work clamp touched the welder frame and sparks flew.
I then started testing voltage and resistance.
From the welding studs to the frame:
Positive stud: 49 volts DC and 105 volts AC (scary); dead short for resistance
Negative stud: 49 volts DC and 0 volts AC; dead short for resistance
Between welding studs:
94 volts DC
218 volts AC (even scarier)
Have looked as best I can and don't see any frayed wires or wires touching the housing.
While the machine is running there is no obvious arcing or smoking.
Looking at the wiring diagram I wondered if the full wave bridge rectifier might be part of the problem but wanted the forum's advice before I went any farther.
Any suggestions for repair?
As a side note I have removed the battery so no one starts it.