Meco Aviator Jet: Where to find tip adapter
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Meco Aviator Jet: Where to find tip adapter

Good evening. I recently purchased a Meco Aviator Jet torch body, which included the cutting head, but no welding tips.

1. (see picture below) I already know about the TinMan Tech adapter which allows you to put Meco Midget tips on a Meco Aviator--and I plan to get that.

BUT...all of those are just the 'piece-of-threaded-copper-pipe-with-a-hole-in-it' part of the welding tip. Even companies who sell aftermarket tips for the Aviator (Meco AV series tips) only sell the screw-in copper pipe piece, not the attachment which fits on the end of the torch handle.

Does anyone know the nomenclature or part number of that piece--or, ideally, a source for that piece?

Is this piece interchangeable with the "WG" adapter (which I seem to be able to find occasionally).

2. Is there anything special about the o-rings in the cutting head? Do I just find the same size to replace them? Do they sell 'kits' for o-rings, or do you just go buy the big-box-o'-o-rings at the auto parts store and find the same size? Is there any reason you cannot use the 'green' o-rings at the auto parts store?

3. Does anyone have a source for a parts list or user manual?
    Kevin / Machine_Punk, from The Aerodrome Studio, my artistic metalworking studio.

Oxy-Acetylene with:
    - Meco Midget
    - Victor 100

See my current project at: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=122188

Re: Meco Aviator Jet: Where to find tip adapter

Not sure but you could try Tinman. Google him. He makes/sells the tips for your torch I think. Nice guy too. Best bob

Here is the link for Kent White's site:

https://www.tinmantech.com/
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Miller XMT 304

"USMCPOP" First-born son: KIA Iraq 1/26/05
    Syncrowave 250 w/ Coolmate 3
    Dialarc 250
    Idealarc 250
    SP-175 +
    TA 161 STL
    Lincwelder AC180C (1952)
    Victor & Smith O/A torches
    Miller spot welder
    Clausing 5904 lathe
    Wells-Index 745 mill

Thanks, OLDENDUM...that was a great link. I think I'm going to contact them.
    Kevin / Machine_Punk, from The Aerodrome Studio, my artistic metalworking studio.

Oxy-Acetylene with:
    - Meco Midget
    - Victor 100

See my current project at: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=122188