Lincoln Weldanpower Model # AC-225/DC-210/6 code 9175
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Lincoln Weldanpower Model # AC-225/DC-210/6 code 9175

Fellas, I'm lost and don't know what to do! I bought this welder almost a year ago and everything worked but the idle. Welded great and ran anything I plugged into it. I did a large welding project last Friday and everything worked good. Today I went to weld again and i couldn't get it to strike a weld so I plugged in a grinder and nothing. So i basically have a loud paperweight. I went through the machine and cleaned any corrosion I could find and still no luck. The fuse appears to be good and now I need some help! Any suggestions would be great.

Re: Lincoln Weldanpower Model # AC-225/DC-210/6 code 9175

youve come to the right place...this place has several members that know welders.... but first things first... go to the lincoln website and download/print the info for your machine... tons of good stuff... then do a search within this area for issues pertaining to your specific machine... i think theres a dozen or so posts with comments behind them that will get you close to your issue ... thats what i did for my machine...mine happened to be broken slip ring... took it to the lws and had it changed out...i did the mechanical part and took them the armature/stator... very reasonable price but the next time, ill do it myself... now, get busy... you can do it (smile)

Thanks for the reply! I did get the Manuel and tried trouble shooting what I knew. One thing I forgot to mention is that I wired a large 220 plug in place of the duplex. I'll search the site and see what else I can find out. Thanks!

UPDATE..... After many hours of checking, reading and testing, I finally had a positive break through. I made a temp ground wire to the frame and touched the negative brush and bam I got full power to all the plugs. However when I turned it off and tried again, still no power till I grounded the brush again. Hopefully I'm getting closer!! Would I be wrong in saying I need a new voltage rectifier? ( black square box with 7 wires going to it)
    One other interesting notation, when I tested the current on the 110 plugs I get 90 volts with the tester in the hot side and the black in the ground lug. When I put the red probe in the hot side and the black one in the neutral I get the full voltage. That confuses me????

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  50.1 KB

Where can I find one of these?

The part number for the bridge diode is T13637-6. Google that number to find places to order it from or you can buy them on Ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-pcs-35A-Am...item415d3504f2

Thank you, I just ordered them! I hope that's the problem, i'm out of other ideas.

UPDATE: I bought bridge diode and installed it how I thought it would go and I still have the same issue as before. If I take a wire from the ground and touch the front brush closest to the windings it will excite and work like normal. Any ideas, I really am lost at this point. Thanks for your help!