NEW 2014 EVERLAST PowerTig 255 / 325 EXT AC/DC DIGITAL TIG WELDER
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter

NEW 2014 EVERLAST PowerTig 255 / 325 EXT AC/DC DIGITAL TIG WELDER

The new Digital Microprocessor controlled 250 Amp PowerTIG 255 EXT and the 320 amp 325EXT will be here soon with some radical new design and improvements over the previous models. Expected delivery will be in March. The units feature wave form control for AC welding, Advanced AC pulse along with standard AC/DC pulse. It features memory function. It also has excellent starting, with low amp capability for AC and DC. The unit also is slated to have an "easy setup" function which features a good starting point for the user for both AC and DC without having to go through a complicated setup process or give the operator a "recenter" point if the customer needs it. The Stick features Hot start time/current control, along with arc force control. Simplified layout and design makes the units easy to set up and assess the programmed parameters. One knob control keeps the adjustments simple and intuitive. This units like the 210EXT feature PowerFactor Correction which improves generator operation and withstands "dirty" power better than ever before. If you have further questions give us a call. Some details are being finalized now and full specs will be available shortly after the first of the new year. This unit is compact and is projected to operate on single phase 240 or 3 phase 240 with a 480V 3 phase option available at customer request. 325EXT is exclusively 3 phase, 240, or 480 (special order). Both units feature true low amp operation with operation down to 3 amps for DC and 5 amps for AC. Units come with the newly designed foot pedal.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by lugweld; 01-15-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Penncraft 230 (oldy but goody)
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy/Acetylene/Propane
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast Power Tig 250 EX
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Re: NEW 2013 EVERLAST PowerTig 255 EXT AC/DC DIGITAL TIG WELDER

Is there an actual list of additional features that this welder will possess over the previous model? Perhaps an owners' manual available?

First person on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling signature!

HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
    Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

bump....anyone??

Oscar, we'll post final specs in a few weeks.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Is there an actual list of additional features that this welder will possess over the previous model? Perhaps an owners' manual available?
    I am in the market for a unit like this now. It is between the Lincoln V205T AC/DC or the Miller Dynasty 200 DX. It would be great to get some specs on this unit. This is the sheet put together comparing features.

http://mbu.com/welding.xlsx
    Last edited by Judgeless; 03-11-2013 at 12:27 AM.

For something more comparable, you might want to look at the 210 ext. It's feature packed as well, but in the same amp class, with more a few more features than the 255 ext. You've missed several key features of the 210. It has an Advanced pulse for AC, that alternates between AC and DC for fast freeze and rapid progress on AC. It also has panel control of the amps when the pedal is plugged in where units like the Longevity do not. It does have arc force control as well as hot start control for stick. It has programmable starting features that reside in a background menu that some of the other units do not, like starting frequency, duration, transfer amps etc. Capacitive discharge start for HF etc.
    And it has wave form control as well, which is blank. Advanced Square, Soft Square, and Sine. It also has power factor correction of 99+%
    Last edited by lugweld; 03-11-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    For something more comparable, you might want to look at the 210 ext. It's feature packed as well, but in the same amp class, with more a few more features than the 255 ext.
    You are right the 210 EXT has specs more like the Lincoln a V205-T and Miller Dynasty 200 DX.

You've missed several key features of the 210. It has an Advanced pulse for AC, that alternates between AC and DC for fast freeze and rapid progress on AC.
    Is that the same as AC balance? I have that on my sheet for the 210 EXT at 20% to 80%. Or is it something else?

It also has panel control of the amps when the pedal is plugged in where units like the Longevity do not.
    Is this a feature that shows real time values of the current level as you move the pedal? Or is it something else?

It does have arc force control as well as hot start control for stick.
    Nice

It has programmable starting features that reside in a background menu that some of the other units do not, like starting frequency, duration, transfer amps etc. Capacitive discharge start for HF etc.
    How you access these features on the 210 EXT. I downloaded the manual and they are not shown. The Lincoln V205-T has a user menu that shows a feature # and a value. You have to look up the feature in the user manual.

And it has wave form control as well, which is blank. Advanced Square, Soft Square, and Sine. It also has power factor correction of 99+%
    The wave forms are listed in my comparison. I did not have PF listed. I will add that. I do plan on using this with a 10KW generator at times. This unit looks really good. Thanks for your help.

First, it would be good to go to our youtube channel and watch the two videos on the unit. That would answer easily most of these questions.

We have a video that demonstrates the advanced pulse. The pulse is not the same as AC balance.

The panel control of amps on the 210ext allows you to set maximum power on the panel while using the foot pedal. The foot pedal controls the amps within that range. The amps display real time, and as you adjust them on the panel. Some of the other units have a knob on the foot pedal to limit your amps and it typically doesn't read real time. This setup really defeats part of the purpose of digital adjustment. It also may not work right with pulse only, controlling half of the pulse cycle with the foot pedal, and leaving either base or peak amps fixed. Not sure how the exact Longevity units work, but have run into this issue on some of our older units we no longer have before, and this setup with the foot pedal knob typically works about the same. Suffice it to say, the panel control of amps with the foot pedal is generally preferred as being superior.

The access of the features will be shown on the video, but you simply hold the main knob in until it flashes the memory display and scroll through to make your various adjustments.

One additional thing, is for stick the 210 has a voltage reducing device, which helps prevent accidental shock or electrocution in stick mode.

Our channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/everlast...r?feature=mhee
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Thanks for the info. I watched the video and it cleared a lot of my questions up.

The only one that is not clear is Advanced Pulse. I am an Electrical Eng. and the diagrams they show in the video do not make sense to me.

AC = Alternating Current (Current and Voltage flow positive to negative)
    DC = Direct Current (Current and Voltage are fixed and to not change. You can have negative direct current or positive direct current. If you move from positive to negative at a set rate or frequency it is called Alternating Current)

These two wave forms are the same thing.

http://mbu.com/prius/weld1.jpg

This does not make sense.

http://mbu.com/prius/weld2.jpg

Sometimes with a higher education, it makes you overthink things that should be taken simply.
    AC waveform and pulse are two different things.

On pulse you pulse amperage. On AC you pulse amperage between a high amp and a low amp value.
    On DC pulse it is the same thing.

An AC wave form goes between EP and EN. A pulse wave form goes from one amp level to another.

ON our advanced wave form, it alternates between AC and DC-. AC frequency is much higher than the pulse wave form, so at a simple 10 hz, it pulses between AC and pure DC- 10 times a second AT a varying amp level, with the AC part of the pulse being assigned the higher amp stage of the pulse (peak) and the DC being assigned the lower part of the pulse. The AC frequency can be set independently of the pulse.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Thanks again for clearing things up. In your example it switches between AC and negative DC 10 times a second. That makes complete sense to me.

I have one last issue that we cannot resolve here. I was going to order the 210 ext online today. It did not show availability so I called the 800 number. I was told they will not arrive to Everlast for 30-45 days.

It looks like the best unit for me so I am going to wait it out and monitor if anything newer comes out.

one of many to come ....

255EXT and 325EXT units in stock

Re: NEW 2014 EVERLAST PowerTig 255 / 325 EXT AC/DC DIGITAL TIG WELDER

I only see these for sale from one retailer. I was trying to price out a unit with a cooler as well possibly. Any ideas?

the problem I have with these membrane digital control panels is that my previous experience with them in micorwaves, stoves, calculators, etc. is they sometimes fail and getting replacement parts are hard. Should this be a concern. I'm actually leanign towards the older 250ex for its' simple manual analog dials.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgeless View Post
    Thanks again for clearing things up. In your example it switches between AC and negative DC 10 times a second. That makes complete sense to me.

I have one last issue that we cannot resolve here. I was going to order the 210 ext online today. It did not show availability so I called the 800 number. I was told they will not arrive to Everlast for 30-45 days.

It looks like the best unit for me so I am going to wait it out and monitor if anything newer comes out.
    That was my post when I was doing research on what unit to buy. I choose the Everlast 210EXT and I am very unhappy. I am sure Everlast will delete this post like my other posts.

Judgeless,
    The thread you posted speaks for itself. Most of your posts stand...as a memorial to how difficult some people can be no matter what is done to help them. Please do not post anymore unless it is helpful. A person who has a unit for several months then (recently) takes a course from a competitor finds fault with a minor feature difference and is "unsatisfied" with the answers and tries to get a free unit or a completely new generation unit a year after your purchase (or whatever it is you are trying to do) does not have credibility. Your thread is enough to show people how we've tried to help, not only here, but in a repeated thread on our forum, and you statement about doing "whatever it takes" (blackmail) to get your way is enough as well by itself.

You've called yourself an EE as well, and by your posts above, demonstrates a confusion of knowledge about basic electronics and pulse itself...For an EE to have to have that explained, telegraphs part of the issue.
    Last edited by lugweld; 06-10-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

Judgeless,
    The thread you posted speaks for itself. Most of your posts stand...as a memorial to how difficult some people can be no matter what is done to help them. Please do not post anymore unless it is helpful. A person who has a unit for several months then (recently) takes a course from a competitor finds fault with a minor feature difference and is "unsatisfied" with the answers and tries to get a free unit or a completely new generation unit a year after your purchase (or whatever it is you are trying to do) does not have credibility. Your thread is enough to show people how we've tried to help, not only here, but in a repeated thread on our forum, and you statement about doing "whatever it takes" (blackmail) to get your way is enough as well by itself.

You've called yourself an EE as well, and by your posts above, demonstrates a confusion of knowledge about basic electronics and pulse itself...For an EE to have to have that explained, telegraphs part of the issue.
    I do not call myself a EE. I received my BSEE from The University of Akron. You make it very clear that everything I post is the work of an idiot. I am sure that if anyone posts complaints of a feature that is not right on a Everlast unit is a complete idiot and 99% of the them get deleted.

The post above was me trying to learn as much as I could about the unit before I bought it. I should have asked a lot more questions.
    Last edited by Judgeless; 06-10-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Most of your posts stand
    All my post on your companies Everlast forums were removed today. I read this is very common with Everlast from this forum and others.

Thanks for the info. I watched the video and it cleared a lot of my questions up.

The only one that is not clear is Advanced Pulse. I am an Electrical Eng. and the diagrams they show in the video do not make sense to me.

AC = Alternating Current (Current and Voltage flow positive to negative)
    DC = Direct Current (Current and Voltage are fixed and to not change. You can have negative direct current or positive direct current. If you move from positive to negative at a set rate or frequency it is called Alternating Current)

These two wave forms are the same thing.

http://mbu.com/prius/weld1.jpg

This does not make sense.

http://mbu.com/prius/weld2.jpg
    You don't call yourself an EE? Look above. And this is a grab from our forum:
    "... I received mine around June 2013 and it has two knobs. Everlast claims there are no rev numbers. I am an electrical Eng and know there are always rev numbers. Most devices post the versions of the boards on boot. This is what mine shoes."

Your posts are still there. I checked and pulled this from them. Why are you lying about this? Anyone can look up your posts on the forum by clicking your name. Nothing has been deleted unless it is irrelevant or spamming. It shows you have 21 posts...NOT deleted...
    Last edited by lugweld; 06-11-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    Welders:
    Esab Migmaster 250
    HF Plasma 30 (Italian)
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Lincoln SA200
    Everlast PowerUltra 205

You don't call yourself an EE? Look above. And this is a grab from our forum:
    "... I received mine around June 2013 and it has two knobs. Everlast claims there are no rev numbers. I am an electrical Eng and know there are always rev numbers. Most devices post the versions of the boards on boot. This is what mine shoes."
    I predict you are not from the USA and struggle with the language.

If you are really here seeking help, try not to make such an *** of yourself. You're running out of people who care.
    Everlast 250 EX - 2013 model
    Everlast I-Mig 250P with 20' Profax gun
    Everlast PowerPlasma60 with P80 torch
    Hobart Handler 135
    Everlast PowerPro256: Sold

You obviously have not watched any of his videos. You have passed your sell by date.