Dickies Twill Work Shirts
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Dickies Twill Work Shirts

Anyone wear these while welding? A buddy of mine just gave me 6 of them and I know they are a cotton/poly blend. As I know, synthetics are a no-no.

Re: Dickies Twill Work Shirts

rschreck

No-no - maybe why they were gifted.

If they fit, thank your friend, and only
    wear them for non-welding work days.

They will last for years beyond the
    service life of a 'good' welding shirt.

A gifting friend, and a gift horse, are
    not the same thing.

Opus

I wear the regular cotton Dickie's pocket Ts for welding, after about 2 years they get to the point that theres more holes than shirts but they work fine for me day to day. IF im doing serious welding i will thrown on a set of full leathers but most of the time T-shirt with pull on sleeves works fine for me.

Im to much of a fat kid to be in a full sleeve starched welding shirt all day long.
    Vantage 500's LN-25's, VI-400's, cobramatics, Powcon inverters, XMT's, 250 Ton pacific 12' press brake, 1/4" 10' Atlantic shear,Koikie plasma table W/ esab plasmas.
    Lincoln idealarc tig 330A with bernard cooler Sync350LX. Miller migs, marvel saws

They were given to me because he got a different job and didn't need them anymore. Moved on to a shirt and tie job. Wasn't a welder.

And I was mainly asking in regards to wearing them with leather sleeves. Forgot to mention that. My bad.