Where to buy steel in South NJ, Phila area?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Where to buy steel in South NJ, Phila area?

Where does everyone in this general area buy their steel? I have heard of Fazzio's but it is a little bit of a drive from me. I spend a lot of time in Lower Bucks county if there are any places over in PA. I would only be getting small amounts and it would need to be cut into 8' lengths.

Re: Where to buy steel in South NJ, Phila area?

Dude if your in Mt Holly Fazzio's is no more than 45 minutes from you. I drive out there from Ewing all the time.

There is no where better any closer.

They will cut any size you want, everything is cheap, and you can wonder around and find pre-cut stuff or scrap for even cheaper. Plus they have a giant warehouse full of tools, machines, parts, hardware, and everything you can imagine for cheap too. I can spend an entire day in that place.
    I like to party!

I use a number of places. I have used Hoover off of 113 out towards harleysville I guess, Phone 610 287-8855 I've gotten my larger orders from them. Its been awhile so I dont quite remember were they were.

Most of my small stuff I get from Finkels in Lambertville. They've got a decent selection and don't piss and moan over small stuff. Stock some brass, alum, SS as well. They also sell all kinds of crap, a good old fashioned hardware store.

I get my Stainless from Penn Stainless in Quakertown. Phone 215 536 3053

Alum I get from Pierce Alum in Warminster. phone 215 444-0884

I got some scrap SS from Temple Ent. in Philly a couple of years ago Dont know what they have now or if they'll still sell direct. 215-427-2860

I know my buddy in Warminster uses a number of other places, if I see him soon I'll try to ask him.

I've heard of Fazzios but never been there. I drive by that area all the time so I'll have to try and find them.

JeremyFerg Where are you located? I'm in Southampton off PA132 (Street Rd) and PA232 (2nd St Pike)

CaptainWilly Do you have Fazzios number or an exact address? I'm thinking of making a run to Jersey next week for fuel and may try to swing by if I have time and can find out how to get there. Thanks

http://www.ordermetals.com/

http://www.sdrichmansons.com/ ask for Dave

And while you are on your way to Temple Enterprises stop at 3011 E Ontario street (about 100 yards before Temple on the same side of the street) Look for guys welding on scrap metal cans, or working on trucks, and ask somebody for Eugene. He has a lot of stuff and will cut it, bend it or whatever you want.

Hey CaptainWilly you are in Ewing, do you remember a guy named Simons who used to have a small engine repair place? He used to do some welding and blacksmithing.

How about Gary From GMH
    Last edited by joethemechanic; 03-08-2008 at 05:01 PM.

JeremyFerg Where are you located? I'm in Southampton off PA132 (Street Rd) and PA232 (2nd St Pike)
    I work on Industrial Blvd at Classic Pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by DSW View Post
    CaptainWilly Do you have Fazzios number or an exact address? I'm thinking of making a run to Jersey next week for fuel and may try to swing by if I have time and can find out how to get there. Thanks
    http://www.josephfazzioinc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by joethemechanic
    Hey CaptainWilly you are in Ewing, do you remember a guy named Simons who used to have a small engine repair place? He used to do some welding and blacksmithing.
    Only place I know of that did any kind of blacksmith work at all was in Trenton in the middle of the ghetto... Don't remeber the name of the guy who owned it though, he was there forever and finally gave up because he kept getting robbed
    I like to party!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWilly View Post
    http://www.josephfazzioinc.com/

Only place I know of that did any kind of blacksmith work at all was in Trenton in the middle of the ghetto... Don't remeber the name of the guy who owned it though, he was there forever and finally gave up because he kept getting robbed
    Simons had a place up in Ewing and it was kind of a small engine junk yard. There was stuff everywhere. He had cows too. In his building there was a forge and a lot of old guys hanging around drinking beer. It was kind of a neat place.

We get all our steel from Hoovers as mentioned earlier, its in schwenksville, not harleysville. They will cut to whatever you need, also sell lots of drops for shorter pieces.

Get our SS from Penn Stainless and aluminum from Bethlehem Aluminum
    Have we all gone mad?

Anyone ever buy from a place called PA Steel in Bensalem?

http://www.pasteel.com/index.html

There is also a place called Pako Steel on State Rd. I saw a listing in the phone book for them but they don't appear to have a website.

Thanks CaptainWilly. I took a ride over to Fazzios yesterday. Definately a dangerous place for me to go with my CC. I can see at least $2000 in misc goodies that I might be able to use with out even trying and staying away from several really expensive items I'd love to have, and thats before I get the $1500-2000 in materials!

sn0border88 Thanks I knew harleysville wasn't quite rite but it's been awhile since I worked out that way. schwenksville... OK I'll make a note of that and add it to the file.
    Last edited by DSW; 03-11-2008 at 08:24 PM.