GOOD Welders Needed In West Texas
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

GOOD Welders Needed In West Texas

The West Texas area and Southeast New Mexico are very busy right now with the oil & gas industry. Qualified welders are needed, they've even been advertising on the radio for welders. I've heard starting pay about $40/hour.

The biggest problem here is housing. It's scarce.
    America Needs AMERICA'S Oil!!!

"Global warming is the greatest scam in history ...There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril."--John Coleman, Founder of The Weather Channel

Re: GOOD Welders Needed In West Texas

Is that for welder that have there own rig ???

that no much for a welder that has his own rig!!

I don't know, they didn't say in the ads. I suppose you do have to have your own rig.

"Global warming is the greatest scam in history ...There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril."--John Coleman, Founder of The Weather Channel

I got a test in the morning in Monohans, TX. Looking for rig welders.
    Last edited by chrisbranum; 04-07-2008 at 12:43 AM.

where at in monohans.....ive been lookin 2 go in that direction 4 a while

Sounds like they are looking for contract rigs and that's not a bad rate considering they supply all your consumables and the 2 mil blanket liability you have to carry to contract with anyone.
    The difference between art and craft is the quality of the workmanship. I am an artist.

hey ,
    i am a journeyman welder from canada , i hold a redseal ticket and also have many pipe tickets ,,would it be possible to get in on this..i have plenty of experiece @ refineries, including syncrude, suncor, etc.,,located in ft mcmurray alb.

Your tickets will not do you any good there. I have never worked for anyone out there that would accept an existing cert. They always make you test. If you can pass the test you shouldn't have any problem. If you can fit it is to your advantage as nobody hires fitters and welders are expected to do their own.
    The difference between art and craft is the quality of the workmanship. I am an artist.

Well, Chris, are you working?

Why can't the wages be that good where I live?

Law of supply and demand Engloid. When oil prices drop the banks in Odessa, TX will look like used welding truck and drilling rig dealerships. I saw an ad out of Sante Fe last week looking for welders experienced in heavy equipment repair in a shop setting with starting wages of 28.50 an hour.

Here's an ad in our local paper looking for pipeline welders to work in the Carribean.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Here's an ad in our local paper looking for pipeline welders to work in the Carribean.
    Oops! Forgot the link: http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-J1FNUFG...X-k-welder-m-0

Is there any jobs open for any welders helpers that yall know of. I have a truck and will have a welder very soon just looking to learn all about the pipeline before I start being a full blown welder 817-675-9259

Probably, but don't expect to make much money. In talking with my welding buddies, there are a lot of 'welders' that can't pass the pre-employment welding tests. I'd recommend you hone your skills first.

Hello all let me start out saying i am kinda new to this computer deal so bare with me. My name is Austin Duncan call me Tubby. I am from pawnee oklahoma. I was wondering if you all could help me find work for me and my rig. I have been doing oilfield work for the last 3 years, worked for goober drilling out of stillwater, OK and a few others. My problem is i haven't been in it long enough to know enough of the "right" people to talk to about a job. So any help woulp be greatly appreciated!! I dont think im quite pipeline material yet just so yall know, I have wleded miles of pipe but not on that level.

Thanks again!
    Tubby

Quote Originally Posted by duncancustomwelding View Post
    Hello all let me start out saying i am kinda new to this computer deal so bare with me. My name is Austin Duncan call me Tubby. I am from pawnee oklahoma. I was wondering if you all could help me find work for me and my rig. I have been doing oilfield work for the last 3 years, worked for goober drilling out of stillwater, OK and a few others. My problem is i haven't been in it long enough to know enough of the "right" people to talk to about a job. So any help woulp be greatly appreciated!! I dont think im quite pipeline material yet just so yall know, I have wleded miles of pipe but not on that level.

Thanks again!
    Tubby
    not on what level,,theres nothing to it,,pipe is pipe,,dont let the word pipeline scare you from jumping in,,you get 45 to 60 an hour down here in texas with a truck,,when your working 12's,,you can knock out 3500-5000 a week,,i'm making 4700 a week single hand,32 and double after 8 and 90 a day per diem,,,money is out there right now,do you tig??or just stick,,do you run uphill or downhill??pipeline code is pretty lenient,,nothing to be nervous about,,and if you get run off the first one ,,then just go to the next one
    Last edited by elmo; 06-27-2008 at 09:43 PM.
    gulf coast legend

- if you get run off for bad welding , or just in general, then go somewhere else and the same happens, and it probably will, you better try a different trade
    Owner - Certified Welding & Fabrication / 22yrs in business
    Steamboat Springs, Co
    (970) 879-5491
    AWS structural shop

HMI 70t iron worker
    2 field trucks
    specailizing in structural steel, aluminum and stainless steel

Quote Originally Posted by IH 392 View Post
    - if you get run off for bad welding , or just in general, then go somewhere else and the same happens, and it probably will, you better try a different trade
    thats not right to say,,chances are these guys breaking out aren't goin to make they're first few jobs,,what i mean is dont be discouraged just go to the next one,,until they have it together and make it,,,what kind of welder are you btw??shop or field,,structural or pipe,,ind or comm??i can prob guess the answer to those
    gulf coast legend

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Probably, but don't expect to make much money. In talking with my welding buddies, there are a lot of 'welders' that can't pass the pre-employment welding tests. I'd recommend you hone your skills first.
    steve 45 your Sig about climate change is bullcrap. you must be blind or terribly misinformed.
    M Fed

Hey guys im john, Just moved to the Austin area, havin troubles findin a decent shop to get into. i mostly mig, rootic programing with welding applications. Alot of production welding,just lookin for a point in the right direction.

austin wasn't very industrial when i lived there,one reason i moved back south,,miss it though and visit alot,,there was a shop on ceasar chavez,,east side of highway,,and another up on n.lamar past 290,,,sorry dont remember the names of them though
    gulf coast legend

I believe the company doing this job is gregory&cook ,out of texas , they are here in az now working on a 42 natural gas line , you have to join there union and pay is around 40 an hr there a federal contractor and there all over the south west and a lot of crews are starting to head for colorado now .

Quote Originally Posted by elmo View Post
    thats not right to say,,chances are these guys breaking out aren't goin to make they're first few jobs,,what i mean is dont be discouraged just go to the next one,,until they have it together and make it,,,what kind of welder are you btw??shop or field,,structural or pipe,,ind or comm??i can prob guess the answer to those
    Not going to make the first few jobs? wow...hmm, then again you should learn to help unitl you can either firgure it out, and pass with no problem, or decide that your not cut out for the work...I was a field welder, mainly pipe, and structural. I have welded pipe and tube for Flour and TIC and stayed till the JOB WAS COMPLETED..unlike most who bounce the first week bacause they complain about everything...I have not failed a test to this date, my first job out of school was for TIC in Big Springs, TX.. I was a tig hand..6G test GTAW root and hot pass, 7018 fill and cap.. I now I live in Colorado and work at a custom one off aluminum and ss shop, all tig work. Just what is your area of expertise?
    Owner - Certified Welding & Fabrication / 22yrs in business
    Steamboat Springs, Co
    (970) 879-5491
    AWS structural shop

HMI 70t iron worker
    2 field trucks
    specailizing in structural steel, aluminum and stainless steel