READ THIS....The Political Thread 2014.... - Page 102
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2593

Re: READ THIS....The Political Thread 2014....

Internet Troll: One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup, message board or website with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument. The person is often new to the group, has little or no connection to the main interest of the members of the group and has joined the group surreptitiously with only ill intent.

A Troll's thoughts and intentions are often hollow with regard to the members of the group and thus, they will "hit and run" to create the maximum surprise. Once exposed as a Troll, they seldom stay on the site for more than a few posts, although there are exceptions.
    Miller Millermatic 252
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Liincoln AC-DC 225
    Victor O-A Set

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    I love this site, its loaded with useful information and very knowledgeable people. This thread is full of the most disgusting,racist,and most ill informed posts I've ever heard. Land of the free and home of the backward. By the way I have never witnessed the truly talented people on this site spouting such bile.
    You are free to defend your political positions. Instead you just blankly say foolishness. Give us a political topic you defend or go troll somewhere else. If you see something you do not agree with show us where it is wrong and why.
    So if we do not hold a liberal political position we must not know anything about welding ? Very open minded and tolerant of you.
    Last edited by thegary; 01-11-2017 at 11:40 AM.

I love this site, its loaded with useful information and very knowledgeable people. This thread is full of the most disgusting,racist,and most ill informed posts I've ever heard. Land of the free and home of the backward. By the way I have never witnessed the truly talented people on this site spouting such bile.
    opinions are like a$$holes, we all have them and they all stink... but since freedom of speech is protected by the first amendment, one can openly voice what they want without fear of disappearing in the night...but you are also free not to read what may upset you..with that said you can not open any off topic threads and stick to the wealth of info threads here...

Obama's legacy....

The last eight years have brought the lowest labor participation rates since the 1970s, with 95 million Americans out of the labor force. The so-called recovery has been the weakest one since the 1940s. We have the lowest home ownership rate in 51 years – despite mortgage rates artificially kept at record lows. Over 11 million more Americans are on food stamps since he became president and more than 43 million Americans now live in poverty. One of every six men between 18 and 34 are either in prison or out of work.

And by the time he leaves office, President Obama will have added more to our national debt that all the other presidents before him combined. When President Obama finally leaves office, the national debt will be almost $20 trillion. Prior to taking office, the man who has tacked on $9.3 trillion to what our children and grandchildren owe once said the then $9 trillion national debt was “unpatriotic.”

Then, of course, there's President Obama's assault on the business community through his burdensome regulations. Consider this: The estimated cost of regulations under Obama is a staggering $873 billion. That includes a shocking $344 billion cost in Environmental Protection Agency regulations alone. All told, the number of new regulations that been finalized under President Obama checks in at almost 3,000.

Just to name a few...
    Last edited by Fast Leroy; 01-11-2017 at 12:37 PM.

I wish BO would move back to Chicago, take a nightly tour with his full SS detail through the really bad areas following the police cars and ambulances and witness what he and Rahm Emanual have wrought on their black brothers, sisters and children.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Quote Originally Posted by mla2ofus View Post
    I wish BO would move back to Chicago, take a nightly tour with his full SS detail through the really bad areas following the police cars and ambulances and witness what he and Rahm Emanual have wrought on their black brothers, sisters and children.
    Mike

Dream on Brother.
    30+ yrs Army Arty, 23 yrs ago

Miller 350LX Tig Runner
    TA 210, spool gun
    Lincoln 250/250 IdealArc
    ESAB PCM 500i Plasma
    Kazoo 30" vert BS
    Kazoo 9x16 horiz BS
    Clausing 12x24 lathe
    20T Air Press
    Rod Oven 300# For Sale $300.00

well both your wishes are touching, but carl paladino (trumps former ny co-chairman) takes the cake, on this one. he wishes: "b. obama, catch mad cow disease after having relations w/ a hereford, he dies before his trial, and is buried in a cow pasture next to valerie jarrett, who died weeks prior after being convicted of sedition and treason, when a jihadi cel mate mistook her for being a nice person and decapited her."

You've been a "lurker" since Nov 2015, and your first post is this? Something smells fishy to me.

Gar

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  48.6 KB
    Last edited by Gar; 01-11-2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Added photo
    Lincoln Electric, Power MIG 256
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Miller Dynasty 280DX
    Smith O/A torch

Genesis of a welding table

[QUOTE=Gar;8063041] Something smells fishy to me.

Gar

good work Gar

I agree as well guys, sounds like troll BS to me.

Seen the whole "I've been lurking forever, but joined to just make this one political butt hurt post (or deliberately incindary comment), sure to piss a bunch of ppl off" deal more times than I care to mention. Guys used to have two or three member IDs and would troll the site with impunity back in the day. We have pretty well put an end to that shlt. Sure, some of them slip thru the cracks, but were patient and once the hammer falls, it's all over lol. We got all the time in the world

If I wasn't feeling so lazy right now, I would pull up his info and see if it's someone we may already know but operating under a different guise.

My thoughts would be to just ignore it. Likely BS anyways.

Carry on lol.
    Last edited by 7A749; 01-12-2017 at 12:07 AM.

my thoughts are, we have some funny business going on w/in the circuit. not sure of anything, my suspicion is governmental implants. makes total sense, when corraberating w/ everything else that outa control ort ther. my percerpetion is moderarors safe, but hard to infiltrate everyone who comes into the picture. all i can say, at this point is " go trump" and "welding web"
    Last edited by 123weld; 01-12-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    my thoughts are, we have some funny business going on w/in the circuit. not sure of anything, my suspicion is governmental implants. makes total sense, when corraberating w/ everything else that outa control ort ther. my percerpetion is moderarors safe, but hard to infiltrate everyone who comes into the picture. all i can say, at this point is " go trump" and "welding web"
    Whew! Step away from the bottle.

See you in the morning when things are clearer.
    Lincoln AC buzzbox
    Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
    Hobart 125EZ (110V flux-core)
    Everlast PA200 (stick)
    Everlast PA300 (stick)
    Everlast PP70 (plasma cutter)
    O/A outfit
    Several Metabo, Bosch, HF grinders set up differently
    Misc tools

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    I would not go that far with it. I doubt the government would bother with implants hear. I do not know why they would. There have not been any threats or conspiring to over throw the government. I am sure the moderators are good people. If there were any attempt to silence this group I think the first thing to happen will be that there will be no more politics topics allowed. Then you will know there is some kind of attempt at silencing free speech.

Ok guys, no more politics discussions allowed from now on....

To clarify our position on this subject, we decided awhile back that instead of completely eliminating any and all types of political discussion we created this specific thread. This allows ppl to have an enterchange of thoughts without it effecting the rest of the site. We try very hard not to overmoderate things here. Heavy handed moderation tactics often leave a bad impression on a lot of ppl (myself included) as well as creates more work for us.

But to be clear, free speech ends at the front door when someone agrees to the terms of use when they join the site. If this thread were ever to pose a problem for the site in general, it would be history.

We think this as well as the religious thread provides an outlet for those who like discussing such things to do so while still being a contributing member of the site in general. At the same time, if someone was to join the site solely to troll this thread or post copy paste rhetoric to the OT section with the intent to either cause trouble or deciminate an agenda laden message, they won't be around for very long.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming lol

The right to "free speech" does not include the right to have some one else provide you with the platform (this forum for instance) from which to make that speech. This forum is in essence some ones "private property" and they have every right to decide (acting thru their representatives the moderators) what will or will not be allowed. So if you go getting yourself banned (or simply have one of your posts deleted) don't go kidding yourself that you've had any of your "rights" violated.

I love guys that come to a welding forum and want to argue politics.

I am particularly interested in politics especially this year

But I will be damned if I'm going to argue with anyone about it.

I'd rather chew my own foot off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by HT2-4956 View Post
    The right to "free speech" does not include the right to have some one else provide you with the platform (this forum for instance) from which to make that speech. This forum is in essence some ones "private property" and they have every right to decide (acting thru their representatives the moderators) what will or will not be allowed. So if you go getting yourself banned (or simply have one of your posts deleted) don't go kidding yourself that you've had any of your "rights" violated.
    That about sums it up right there.

Sounds like the standard thumb sucking,bed wetting Hillary voter.
    Hobart T225
    HF 151/2 Cap mod
    HF 131/2 Cap mod
    Miller Cricket XL
    Century Portable Mig
    O/A

[QUOTE=GWD;8063781]Whew! Step away from the bottle.

sorry about that, kinda got overdone. it wasn't a bottle, it was cans. was at the neighbors, and his wife kept bringing them to us w/o even asking. plus there was a bowl of pretzels that kept me thirsty. i'll tell you what, it's nothing but broccolli and chocklate milk tonight. anyway, yeah gary, i was probably over suspicious. i'll try to be more careful

Hillary just keeps getting in the news.
    "An explosive announcement Thursday revealed the U.S. Justice Department’s inspector general has launched an investigation into the FBI’s handling of Hillary Clinton’s use of a private, unsecured email while she served as secretary of state."
    Hobart T225
    HF 151/2 Cap mod
    HF 131/2 Cap mod
    Miller Cricket XL
    Century Portable Mig
    O/A

Like Harry said "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen"!!
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"

Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

thats hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by 7A749 View Post
    That about sums it up right there.
    My remarks were not meant to infer that we have the right to say what ever we want here. I do my best to go by the rules given to us here and try not to offend. I should have used different wording.