Everlast CT-520
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Everlast CT-520

Everlast CT-520

I came across this forum while doing some research after seeing these machines on Ebay. I couldnt hardly believe that a machine could do what these claim to do at the price they are. After reading what many of you guys have said I figured I would take a chance on it. So I ordered one off ebay on Saturday afternoon. It got shipped out DHL on Monday and is supposed to be delivered today. I am gitty with excitement and have already picked up some steel to get started on the project I bought it for which is a winch bumper for a 87 blazer. It will probably take me a few weeks buy I will get some pictures of it at work.

Re: Everlast CT-520

Hello Martygras ..

thank you for your order .... Let me know if you have any questions on the unit

alex

will do..... DHL took a day longer than they guestimated so I have to decide if I want to drive into town to work tomorrow to pick it up or wait and get it when I go back on monday. Chances are Ill make the 30 mile drive for my new toy!

So I made the trek into town, threw in a round of golf with some friends as a bonus, and picked up the box. It was in great shape, DHL didnt hurt it a bit. First thing I noticed was how amazingly light it was even with all the torches/ ground clamp/packing it couldnt have been much over 30lbs. I got it home and opened it up. Everything inside was in great shape. I am missing the foot pedal and argon regulator but Ill take that up with Alex on Monday, no big worry since I am not planning on TIGin anything in the near future. I hooked up the plug with one that fit my outlet (had to take the cover off to figure out that in china blue and brown= red and black) Plugged it in and turned it on thing purred like a kitten. I hooked up the air (with some modifications as the hose provided does not reach the inlet with it mounted to the factory location). Plugged in the Plasma torch, grounded it and had some fun. As a note I have never used a plasma before so I wasnt sure what to expect exactly. I tossed down a piece of 1/4" plate I had hooked the clamp to it and promtly cut it into little pieces (and burned away some nice lines in my garage floor). It cut through that like it was tissue paper at 50PSI and 40A. So I cranked it up to 65PSI and 50A and slapped a piece of 1" bar stock on the bench. I might as well have been slicing pepperoni! I cant wait to go to work on my bumper project tomorrow.

You sound like me when I received my Super200P. I was like a little kid according to a buddy and my wife.

I still will cut something, just to play with it. Largest thing I had was 5/8" that cut pretty easy with the Cut50D and the Super200P. We are doing a golf cart grill and brackets to hang my sons lawn tools on.

Avoid the fumes, I kick a fan on now. Also, I put a plug on the Cut50D so I could plug into a generator. Then if needed the cutter, generator on a trailer and I'm portable. We get hurricanes, so I figure it could not hurt.

EDIT: Please post pictures of the winch bumper project. Gonna put a winch on my trailer and sons golf cart at some point.

Name:  welder in box.jpg
Views: 3312
Size:  68.7 KB
    Name:  welder out of box.jpg
Views: 3316
Size:  77.8 KB

Pictures of the welder as shipped and then unpacked. No damage and fully functional.

Name:  side cardboard.jpg
Views: 3303
Size:  72.7 KB

cardboard mock up of what the bumper is going to look like.

Martygras. Thanks for posting the pictures.

If you have time, maybe take pictures on the developments on your project so other can learn and get ideas. Plus you can always look back at it.

Great idea on the cardboard mock-up. What thickness? Type steel?

Looks slick though.

Main braces and winch mounting plate are 3/8th with 1/4" making up the rest of the "body" of the bumper with assorted other pieces here and there for support and looks.

Ill keep the pics coming just working on it on my days off.

Cardboard is a great tool to use. I always take the approach of measure twice and cut once........ but every once in awhile you have to cut twice and if you do carboard is alot easier and MUCH cheaper to mess up on. Plus it gives you really nice templates to work with and you can visulazie how it is going to look in 3D as compared to drawing which can be hard sometimes.

I have started a thread and am kind of detailing the bumper build in the projects forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Martygras View Post
    I have started a thread and am kind of detailing the bumper build in the projects forum.
    Will go find your project. Might want to put a link in there so the other everlast guys can click and go right to it.

This will inspire me to make a small version for my son golf cart maybe (big tires, lift kit, motor mods).. A small scale version of course.

Looks good though Martygas.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=22562

there is the link for the thread with the bumper.

I have a CT416 coming to check out. I look forward to being able to make some little pieces out of big pieces and then reversing the process!

I have a friend cut 1/4" steel (smallest he can cut) for my son and I to put them back together. Maybe we will plasma cut them apart when done and recycle.

EDIT: Or mail them to Martygras for more bumper bracing