HF Punch and Flange (pneumatic)
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

HF Punch and Flange (pneumatic)

Anyone have any experience with this piece? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=1110

I'll be replacing the floor pans in a car I'm restoring, and I thought this would come in very handy. I'm a little apprehensive about its claims to be able to work with 16 gauge. I have a set of HF metal shears that is rated for 14 gauge, and I have broken those jaws twice after about 20 linear inches of cutting 16 gauge.

Any opinions?

I should add that I'll be fabricating a shallow tray for the floor pan to sit in (I need the extra legroom) and rosette (plug) welding in the 16 gauge floor to the 20 gauge tray. I think the punch would be great for making the rosette holes and the flange while not absolutely necessary here might be nice should I need to do body skin (which I likely will have to do)
    Last edited by superkaz661; 07-06-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added weld description

Baltimore, MD

Re: HF Punch and Flange (pneumatic)

I'm going to buy that soon. Get the warr if they offer it. You have to oil it daily though. My air saw went up but I didn't oil it. I made a lot of money off of it though. Waiting for it to go back on sale again.

Drag Racing is for Fast Cars. Time Attack is for Fast Drivers!
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    Weld Tec WatercoolerSOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    Everlast 325 EXT w/300 Water Cooler

charlotte, nc

Re: HF Punch and Flange (pneumatic) I love this thing! no deburring holes anymore!

yeah I just got this today. I need to punch a LOT of holes 1/2" inch deep into aluminum that is 16 guage. hinges, tubes etc. Well the tool only punches about 1/4" deep!!!!!

five minutes with a hack saw solved that, I just enlarged the throat.

Then I couldn't fit the darn thing into the 1" square tube I use all the time.
    so another five minutes with an angle grinder and I cut off the "flange" top part and now it is good to go!

hopefully it last a long time I plan on using it daily
    Attached Images Attached Images