I tried for the first time tonight to use my 120V Clarke 135 amp spool gun mig welder off my 8000 watt continuous generator (13,500 surge). As soon as I pulled the trigger trying to start an arc the GFCI blew on the generator. It is a 15 amp outlet. The welder was plugged in with no additional cords.
The push button breaker above the outlet didn't blow so I don't think it was too many amps. The welder was not set on max either. I was using the same settings earlier on a 15 amp outlet from the shed and had no issues. Do GFCI's not like welders or is this a problem with my generator?