Welding Shelters
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Welding Shelters

What is the best shelter (portable) for pipeline welding that you guys have found???

Re: Welding Shelters

These things are great, they make them in every size and height and you can wrap a blue tarp around them for even more protection.
    http://www.ezup.com/
    Disclaimer; "I am just an a$$hole welder, don't take it personally ."

Looks like the buck a square foot "throw-away" at Walmart!
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Quik-Shade...-Grey/20690089

i got the brochure at fabtech from a company that specializes in welding shelters. they are pricey though. over a couple grand a piece.

I will see if i can dig it up
    Vantage 500's LN-25's, VI-400's, cobramatics, Powcon inverters, XMT's, 250 Ton pacific 12' press brake, 1/4" 10' Atlantic shear,Koikie plasma table W/ esab plasmas.
    Lincoln idealarc tig 330A with bernard cooler Sync350LX. Miller migs, marvel saws

They all suck but we use the bell big inch tents, also use just a pop-up canopy deal from Walmart, they don't keep much snow out though unless you tarp the sides

A diver I worked with used this as a shelter for diving prep and briefing in rather cold and windy conditions, he got the idea from pipeline welding. Pretty tough material but portable.

http://www.tentworld.com/product/vie...lastent-270h5s

Thanks guys; we are looking for something that totalling encloses over up to a 48" pipe,they have to be able to with stand all types of weather. Here in Canada can get pretty nasty and when you are spending 2-12 hrs. in there making x-ray quality welds you want it good. We have tried lots and none seems to stand up for long. I have just Tried one from Hex-Hut here in Canada ; very nice and very good for multi purpose conditions but are $18k!! Looking at Norseman and bell also. The Hex-Hut can be erected by 2 people in like 15-20 min. and all fits into a couple bags and throw on back of rig. The problem with the others is that they are big and need lots men to put together. When taken down they need to go on a trailer or flatbed so usually let labourers look after then they get beat up etc.