Old guy in town
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Old guy in town

Old guy in town

I'm a re-beginner, used to do Oxy sculpture many years ago and recently picked up a torch again. I'm trying to build a fume extractor for my workshop and have a few questions, if anyone is interested.

Re: Old guy in town

Welcome welderles, Fire away with your questions!! Someone here will be able to help for sure great site!! What part of minnesota ya from?
    Miller 250DX
    HTP 221 DV AC/DC
    Henrob O-A
    Miller 180 Mig
    Miller 150 Inverter
    Hobart 10,000 Welder-Generator Have a good day!!!

I'm from the St. Paul area. I've been trying to rig a ventilation system for my occasional shop use that doesn't require mucho money. I ordered a 480 CFM vortec in-line fan to use with some flexible ducting, but any ideas along that line would be appreciated.

Hello out there,

My homemade fume extractor is coming along. However, I need help with filtration. I'm using a 6" vent ducting system, but I need a way to reduce/stop particulate and acetylene ash from penetrating the system and eventually clogging up the fan. So far, all I've been able to find is a too-wide mesh from a range hood that is approximately 2-1/2 times too big (and square) to fit into or over the duct.

Any thoughts?