hobart 140 needs a new liner
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

hobart 140 needs a new liner

ok i have a problem i bent the liner in my 140. so now i have to fix it but how? and how much do they cost. i have a warranty on it but i really dont want to ship it out wate and get it shiped back. i dont know if hobart will just ship me the part and i fix it or not

Re: hobart 140 needs a new liner

Quote Originally Posted by 92f150300six View Post
    ok i have a problem i bent the liner in my 140. so now i have to fix it but how? and how much do they cost. i have a warranty on it but i really dont want to ship it out wate and get it shiped back. i dont know if hobart will just ship me the part and i fix it or not
    92f150300six (so whataya drive?)

Assuming it's a Handler 140 and H-10 gun, here's the manual http://www.hobartwelders.com/om/0900/o925d_hob.pdf for the unit that addresses liner replacement on page 26. I don't think a kinked liner is covered under warranty but they're only $10-12 tops.

Duane
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    SA-200 Blackface Code# 8638
    Star Jet 21-110

Two term limit - one in office, one in jail.

thanks alot . and it was page 30. man i thought i would be a bit harder than that. and as for the warrnty when i bought i got a special one and they told me . if anything broke even if it was my doing they would fix it that kinda sealed the deal.plus if the same thing goes wrong with it 3 times or more the give me a new welder.its been a great welder but all ready wanting to up grade. and set this one up for auto body panels only.and get a a hh210 for my bigger stuff.

Page 30 of the .pdf file - page 26 of the actual document but who's counting?

Sounds as though you got a really good deal if they'll even cover problems that result of user actions. Personally I wouldn't send it back for a liner though and I'm sure that's what the seller was banking on too.

Duane
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    SA-200 Blackface Code# 8638
    Star Jet 21-110

Two term limit - one in office, one in jail.

If you end up doing it yourself, then get two liners. No need for down time. It is good to have spare consumables.

tap thats a great idea.how much are the nylon linners will they still kink