sa 250 d outlet volts same as ocv?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

sa 250 d outlet volts same as ocv?

I have a 1990 sa 250d w continental engine, 110 and 220 outlets not working Bills repair guided me towards the bridge rectifier (its bad) continuity going both ways should get new one today. my question is the power coming off the positive brush on ac generator is 93 volts with rheostat at 100% same as ocv is the outlet supposed to be bumped up somehow to 115-120? I took the bridge rectifier off my range 8 and put + and - on marked locations then yellow wires on other two bills said just + and - mattered ran 60 seconds and ac generator started smoking shut it down immediately let it set for a couple of hours and cool hooked up old bridge and restarted thankfully nothing has changed. I think the new bridge is going to be configured different than the original so does anyone have a schematic showing the yellow wires?

Re: sa 250 d outlet volts same as ocv?

Weldmart has some tech help on their site for sa250. I don't know if it is Diesel or gas or maybe both. Maybe it'll help?
    http://weldmart.com/main/technical/s...leshooting.pdf
    Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.
    -Cree Indian Proverb

SA 200 Lincoln
    Victor Torches

so I talked to lincoln tech support, and my ohms that go from rheostat to main exciter shunts are 500 (shorted) and the rheostat is bad 15 to 25 ohms lincoln said it was pulling full power through bridge rectifier so it failed I am still a little confused because everything I have read says I should have 110 but not be able to weld. If any gurus could enlighten me I would appreciate it alot. I am going to post in the wtb for used shunts and rheostst. Thanks Rob...

RPM could be affecting your output, find what your no load RPM should be and check it against your machine at high idle, a couple of hundred RPM's seems to matter with mine.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

(2)Lincoln 225AC/DC portables, Miller Syncrowave 300, miller sidekick,Lincoln Idealarc 250,Miller 251 Mig, Miller 30A spool gun, Hende lathe, Horizontal bandsaw, pora band ,14FT enclosed trailer.SA200's

talked with larry at weldmart he says .5 ohm between ac wires from exciter housing at bridge is to low. I think he said it should be much higher 30. to 50.

and yes the rpms are very low 1550 otherwise the ocvs run at 133 at 1800 no load

Had alot of trouble with thing finally got it worked out. kept checking every thing and talking to different folk on welding web, bills, lincoln and weldmart. Then a local pump and motor shop guy offered to check it and give his two cent worth. Since every thing kept checking good ??? Well he did inside growler test armature growler test, tested magnetism with a compass all was good, reassembled...badabing badaboom he thinks the armature magnetic wiring lost its magnetism ,did not know why flashing it did not work, I think flashing only does the stator. anyways he fixed it ac works and it welds much better. I really appreciate all the help I got here, from bills, and weldmart, and a special thanks to Roy at Ernies electric in Ontario Or. I hope this thread helps someone out some time .